Travellers to be evicted from Dale Farm, Essex

Hi

Do you not get fed up with the tree hugging fools. trhe rant about "planning consent, where 17% pallning apps are rejected, but fro travellers it's 95%." The reason for this is simple - most of the travellers apps are on green belt land.

How remarkable that they 'get a bad press'.

Perhaps that's because they live a life of crime, stealing from innocent taxpayers, making life hell for people who live close to their sites, demanding money with menaces from local businesses for protection, ripping off old people for shoddy work, the list goes on.

Some people choose to defend them, though for what reason is anybody's guess.

And they are absolutely above the law with the police afraid to do anything about them even when they have proof that a crime has been committed.

Hi

Do you not get fed up with the tree hugging fools. trhe rant about "planning consent, where 17% pallning apps are rejected, but fro travellers it's 95%." The reason for this is simple - most of the travellers apps are on green belt land.

You appear to be getting your bogeymen mixed up. A tree hugger would object to someone building without planning permission whether they were travellers, Persimmon or some small builder building a single house.

It is bizzare;supermarkets frequently break planning laws by exceeding the quotas imposed by local authorities,exceeding their alloted floor space for greed.This site was a scrap yard,and their occupation of that yard is tantamount to using a brown-field site.

So many mainstream thinkers join the moral majority and condemn those with an alternative lifestyle,rather than stick up for the underdog.I hope you all sleep at night and on those nights when these families are seeking a safe haven.

I don't get it, you only have to watch father ted to realise that there are so many remote wide open spaces in Ireland where ALL the gypsies in the world could relocate without any bother. Why not go there instead? I'm starting to think they like causing trouble.

Father Ted is shot in Dumfries and Galloway:hihi:

I'm watching this case very closely because if they are not evicted I'm going to build an apartment block in my garden and fill it with housing benefit tenants and chem1st is going to be the caretaker. Kerrrching!!!

I'm watching this case very closely because if they are not evicted I'm going to build an apartment block in my garden and fill it with housing benefit tenants and chem1st is going to be the caretaker. Kerrrching!!!

You cant build apartments on benefits mi old

It is bizzare;supermarkets frequently break planning laws by exceeding the quotas imposed by local authorities,exceeding their alloted floor space for greed.

What makes you think people approve of supermarkets breaking planning regulations?

This site was a scrap yard,and their occupation of that yard is tantamount to using a brown-field site.

If it was a brown field site they would have found it much easier to get planning permission. Retrospective applications for planning permission are not allowed because otherwise everyone would build first and ask permission later. To discourage that behaviour, the rules say restore the property to how it was before your application will be considered.

So many mainstream thinkers join the moral majority and condemn those with an alternative lifestyle,rather than stick up for the underdog.I hope you all sleep at night and on those nights when these families are seeking a safe haven.

You're lumping everyone who disagrees with their actions together. Had they applied for planning permission and it had been rejected after the locals raised a fuss because they didn't want travellers living nearby I'd have been supporting them. My objection is they broke the planning laws. Allowing exceptions to that sets a dangerous precedent.

Archived