Travellers to be evicted from Dale Farm, Essex

You're talking nonsense, Father Ted is not fiction because Mrs Doyle wouldn't be employed otherwise as part of his staff. Are you dumb?

I am quite sure that you have misunderstood me;I thought they ended the series as the actor died.It was highly irreverent and deeply offensive to many of my Irish friends,hence their reliance on the Scottish borders for locations.

I'm not going to build the Apartments on benefits, but the tenants will be on benefits, is that not clear? Stop trying to rain on my new cash cow parade.

if you make them the size of those japanese tiny hotel "rooms" then you could fit even more of them in

I am quite sure that you have misunderstood me;I thought they ended the series as the actor died.It was highly irreverent and deeply offensive to many of my Irish friends,hence their reliance on the Scottish borders for locations.

I don't know what to tell you gnv, I watched Father Ted, filmed in Ireland where there was acre upon acre of remote open space for any Irish gypsies to have a "field" day. They could set up camp, plant a **** load of potatoes and be set up for years. What's not to like, yet they would rather come here and cause all this hullaballoo. Well, if the planning laws in this country don't apply to them, I will take it that they don't apply to me either.

if you make them the size of those japanese tiny hotel "rooms" then you could fit even more of them in

Oh no, I wouldn't want to provide substandard accommodation for my tenants, and as the planning laws might not apply soon, I can build a huge skyscraper apartment block for a more luxury feel. Hell, I might even put in retail space on the ground floor. Does anyone have the phone number for Gucci or Prada?

Father Ted is shot in Dumfries and Galloway:hihi:

Sorry, but you are mistaken...The main locations are Kilfenora, Ennistymon and Kilnaboy in Co.Clare. The Parochial House is McCormack's at Glenquin, on the Boston road from Kilnaboy. The island itself is Inisheer.

Also Father Ted was and is very popular in Ireland, and with priests both over there and in the UK - this is referenced by 'Father Ben', if you recall?

Archived