Plastic lump in Tesco ready meal

I've had foreign objects in prepackaged stuff before now. While I didn't think of suing - for what harm had come to me? I was concerned that someone might not spot items and choke or break a tooth.

So off I toddle to the supermarket to explain to them and they went to their suppliers and sorted it and found out where it came in and I got a nice letter saying thanks etc.

Everyones a winner and all is happy and we are rolling in puppies etc. Until the no win no fee I must have compo mob get in on the act :-(

Made me chuckle that. What does rolling in puppies mean (or am I missing something obvious)?

You're right it is. Which is why I contacted Tesco direct with my concerns.

Apparently they've tried ringing me a couple of times today about the problem but they must have my home phone number & I'm out at work so they're going to try later.

Mmm now let me see, you want them to contact you so you give them a phone number where you know you won't be. Good job it's not a delivery with a 30 minute courtesy call:D:D:D

On Monday, I had a Tesco Light choices ready meal for lunch.

Halfway through eating it I came across a hard piece of something - which on further investigation was a piece of rock hard plastic.

I emailed Tesco but as yet have received no reply. I just couldn't believe that it was in my food.

Good job it wasn't a child tucking into some pasta, the consequences could have been much more severe!!

Serves you right for shopping at Tesco! No sympathy for you, sorry.

Mmm now let me see, you want them to contact you so you give them a phone number where you know you won't be. Good job it's not a delivery with a 30 minute courtesy call:D:D:D

Erm, actualy Denlin they got my phone number from my Clubcard account which is my home phone number - of course I didn't give them a number where I wasn't going to be, that would just be silly :loopy::hihi:

Archived