Ethnic Breakdown of the UK-Mapped

Hahahaha maybe BF, maybe :)

The obvious answer is that immigrants purposefully pool themselves together, creating a community of their own.....but there seems to have been a lot of mocking on this forum of suggestion that immigrants to the UK do that.

Is it a good thing if this is the case? I personally don't think so but am open to persuasion!

Of course immigrants do that azazel, it's exactly what British ex-pats do when they move abroad and any other race/culture I can think of, we seek out familiar faces and a social infrastructure that might support us.

But the immigrant populations are dynamic ones, the people living in particular areas (black, Asian & white) aren't the same ones who lived there 30/40/50 years ago.

The population is constantly turning over and recycling itself with people coming and going as their circumstances change. When I lived on Skinnerthorpe Road in the 70's it was mainly a black area, with The Limes pub being the local 'social centre'. The blacks have mainly gone and now it's an Asian area, who's to say in another 30 years that Darnall won't be mainly white again eh? ;)

Of course immigrants do that azazel, it's exactly what British ex-pats do when they move abroad and any other race/culture I can think of, we seek out familiar faces and a social infrastructure that might support us.

But the immigrant populations are dynamic ones, the people living in particular areas (black, Asian & white) aren't the same ones who lived there 30/40/50 years ago.

The population is constantly turning over and recycling itself with people coming and going as their circumstances change. When I lived on Skinnerthorpe Road in the 70's it was mainly a black area, with The Limes pub being the local 'social centre'. The blacks have mainly gone and now it's an Asian area, who's to say in another 30 years that Darnall won't be mainly white again eh? ;)

I think the Asians are pretty much dug into Darnall. I don't think there would be anything wrong with me saying they will be sticking together there as long as their religion keeps them together....which will probably be long after our lifetimes.

You're comments there mirror mine about the basic principle of "birds of a feather, flock together". But this is my concern, that we simply don't know how multicultural Britain will play out over the next 100 years and beyond. Will massive cracks show?

I think the evidence we can see all over the world, and over the history of humanity, is that people do stick together. On top of this we do like to compete and battle with people of other kinds. Good or bad it's human nature.

In short we are simply in a large scale experiment right now, with people like yourself obviously expecting it to be a success. As we are reaching the point of no return I hope it is too!! The reality over time could well be quite the opposite though.....

Archived