National child measurement scheme

I just had letters for my 5y/o twins who were weighed and measured almost exactly a year ago, so the letter is pretty much a waste of time now.

One twin was middle region and one was close to the lowest percentile. Of course no one has taken into account that their father is 6'4" and that they wear clothes for age 7-8 (current, not last year) half the time so the measurements, when taken into account with their age are pretty useless.

I'm not the least bit interested in their opinions. I can see that my girls are healthy and happy and frankly any blinkered local autority can go swing!

However, I can see that such measuring might be useful for the parents who glutton feed their child instead of demonstrating a healthier lifestyle or those who suffer weigh issues throughout the family. It will also be useful for those who are severely under weight for any reason, though I feel that weighing and measuring the whole school age community is a ridiculous over reaction to draw attention to the issues suffered by the minority.

Archived