Scam cold calling about a 'problem with our computer'

similar call, let him finish his speech which he was obviously reading and when he asked me if I was aware of the situation I told him I was aware that he was talking crap and hung up, ten minutes later got a junk call from Michael calling from corporate rewards in las Vegas, that's as far as it got before I hung up, don't know if coincidence but hotheads calls werevwithin an hour of me looking at car insurance quotes on confused.com

I now always use false phone numbers and email addresses on these sites as, despite me ticking the "I want no calls or emails" checkbox, within 30 seconds of leaving the site I got a call off an insurer stating that they were calling after I had used confused.com. I use a fake email address as when I have used a real but throwaway one, it started getting spammed within a few weeks.

G

I now always use false phone numbers and email addresses on these sites as, despite me ticking the "I want no calls or emails" checkbox, within 30 seconds of leaving the site I got a call off an insurer stating that they were calling after I had used confused.com. I use a fake email address as when I have used a real but throwaway one, it started getting spammed within a few weeks.

G

That's exactly what I do. I will only put in my real details once I have found a quote that I am actually going to take. Otherwise there's no point in putting in correct details.

I get called every other day, some (clearly) indian guy calling himself Roy or Dominic or Christopher, etc.

As I've got to know that any number that usually starts with 0161 is them I answer the phone as a loan company.

Then start going through a loan application with them, they soon just hang up.

OR,

The ones that don't have a number, ask for the previous tenant of my home (He's been dead 3 and half years (RIP)). I go through the application with them and then kindly let them know that I'm actually 95 and don't possess a computer, lol

Just play along with them or swearing at them in their own language usually works

Hmmm confused.com - thats a real coincidence. I just used them before I got these calls. I was looking for travel insurance.

Partner is MCSE and he is looking forward to their next call!

Also google TPS and MPS - telephone and mailing preference service. Its free to register you details and you are removed from unsolicited calls etc.

Archived