Scam cold calling about a 'problem with our computer'

I had one of these on Friday and when I spoke to my Dad we said we should have said that :hihi:

I just let my 13yr old loose with the phone. He's a computer geek and was constantly questioning them -what our ip address, what virus it was, what OS we were using and other complicated techy stuff that went over my head. Think the guy on the end of the phone lost the will to live because he told him if he didn't think he had a virus to put the phone in his face :hihi:

Amused us :hihi:

I'd just purchased insurance via confused.com on Friday too - they must have sold my number within an hour of me buying my insurance:o

I know someone had typed in a fake number for their insurance and it was MINE :suspect: I know this because of the text messages I received. I could have up to 15 calls a day. On the ones I answered me, family and friends had some fun - the Alexsander Meerkat app was good fun, so was answering as the Barnsley and District STI Clinic and also pass the phone around worked really well (they ask for the person and you say yes just a minute - pass the phone to next person, they say the name again, pass the phone on to someone else .....:hihi: )

3 months ago.......i got a call from someone called Shane Bell (01614084448- Manchester Number) strong indian accent, He told me he is calling from India, told me he's works for 24sevenpccare, He directed me to this page on my laptop where it had a list of errors. then claimed that he could fix them.. He told me to open this "run" program and type this web address in, and download this program. "Shane" got me to type a 6 digit pin in (that he gave me) and type in my log-in password, as soon as i did that he told me not to press anything and told me he would ring back in 4 minutes..

go to google and google the number 01614084448 this is the number that the scammer gave me, you will see a lot of people have been scammed and had their debit cards drained in minutes of cash..

Archived