Scam cold calling about a 'problem with our computer'

3 months ago.......i got a call from someone called Shane Bell (01614084448- Manchester Number) strong indian accent, He told me he is calling from India, told me he's works for 24sevenpccare, He directed me to this page on my laptop where it had a list of errors. then claimed that he could fix them.. He told me to open this "run" program and type this web address in, and download this program. "Shane" got me to type a 6 digit pin in (that he gave me) and type in my log-in password, as soon as i did that he told me not to press anything and told me he would ring back in 4 minutes..

go to google and google the number 01614084448 this is the number that the scammer gave me, you will see a lot of people have been scammed and had their debit cards drained in minutes of cash..

Did you do it?:o Did they scam money from you :(

after he hung up i shut down my laptop.. then i got a call back from him... i told him i know about the scam.....

just last week i get another call too, someone told me that a bank owes me 4K... the guy on the phone told me he could give me the cash either through paypal or check.... but he would need my paypal either way to pay for the post & packaging...

i told him to send it me via Check, and deduct the post and packaging cost from the check... he hung up.......... lol :D

I've had soooo many of these calls, I always ask 'which computer' - so the start explaining 'your home computer' - I say I haven't got one, then they say you MUST have one - er ... can they see down the phone!!! I try and wind them up denying all knowledge of what they are talking about but often get so exasperated with them I end up telling them to <removed> off and not to phone me again - but they always do!!!

A friend of my sister fell for their crap and they charged her about £400 for them to put it right - but then she had to take it somewhere else to have it fixed properly so she had to fork out another £250 as well.

Please be aware of these horrible people and their scams.

My grandad has similar calls all the time about his computer which does not exist having viruses etc...

He also had one (international number) claiming to be calling from london about his council tax bill. He wound the guy up for about 20 minutes pretending not to understand, asking loads of questions, pretending he was deaf, in the end the indian guy starts shouting at him, calling him stupid, then he hangs up on my grandad.

LOL trolling scammers is fun.

Archived