Beware meanlingless Degrees

Education is for the sake of managing ones life in the modern world

Education is for the reason of managing one's life? That is an odd term you use.

I can live and function perfectly well without knowing why the Tudors came to power, or why a C played on a trumpet isn't really a C. Education is for other ends than living, or earning money.

3 examples please

David Cameron, Edward Heath, Hugh Gaitskill, Harold Wilson, Rupert Murdoch, Michael Foot, Tony Benn, William Hague, Benazir Bhutto, Imran Khan, David Dimbleby, John Sergeant, Peter Jay, Paul Gambacini, Toby Young, Riz Ahmed (Four Lions), Wesley Clark (former US General), Ken McDonald (DPP), Dennis Potter, Tariq Ali, Etienne De Villiers (Chairman of BBC Worldwide), Andreas Wittam-Smith (journalist).

There's detailed list here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_PPE_degrees_from_Oxford

David Cameron, Edward Heath, Hugh Gaitskill, Harold Wilson, Rupert Murdoch, Michael Foot, Tony Benn, William Hague, Benazir Bhutto, Imran Khan, David Dimbleby, John Sergeant, Peter Jay, Paul Gambacini, Toby Young, Riz Ahmed (Four Lions), Wesley Clark (former US General), Ken McDonald (DPP), Dennis Potter, Tariq Ali, Etienne De Villiers (Chairman of BBC Worldwide), Andreas Wittam-Smith (journalist).

There's detailed list here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_PPE_degrees_from_Oxford

That was three?:huh:

The problem isn't with the degree it's what he's doing with it. I'd imagine most people with that sort of qualification run their own company rather than chase down wedding planner type jobs in hotels (which pay buttons anyway).

And there's the obvious bit, live down south, ideally London if you want to work highish up in someone else's events company.

How he didn't twig all that in 4 years of study I don't know. Took about 2 minutes on the jobcentre plus site.

Education is for the reason of managing one's life? That is an odd term you use.

I can live and function perfectly well without knowing why the Tudors came to power, or why a C played on a trumpet isn't really a C. Education is for other ends than living, or earning money.

Gosh!

We is referferencing to the modern day world.

one has to pay bills, take medication, most cases drive, read warning signs, etc, etc, etc.

Archived