Beware meanlingless Degrees

What degree would a art teacher have? Or those who work in galleries, etc? Your joke is only limited by the number of people who have art degrees and who are well paid in their professions... Although most grads will most likely have a bargain basement job when they first graduate! Not many go straight into their chosen work...

Why did you assume that it was a joke?:huh:

What degree would a art teacher have? Or those who work in galleries, etc? Your joke is only limited by the number of people who have art degrees and who are well paid in their professions... Although most grads will most likely have a bargain basement job when they first graduate! Not many go straight into their chosen work...

Aprox 2700 people a year take a degree in art every year in the uk. Approx 150 brand new jobs or jobs where existing staff have retired or changed profession - the rest, most of them will stack shelves in Tescos or serve burgers or worse still, live off the back of the hard pressed tax payers.

Medical dreegs, not sure re nubers, but a good 90% will get a job within months within the medical prefession - FACT

:D:D

Many degrees are not worth the paper they are written on. In no way does a degree carry the same weight it did, lets say 25/30 years ago, FACT

Then like the op stated, some degress are just pure BS.

A degree in politics, lol, where will that get you. Ok, you may say ythe person showed skills etc to gain - but just as many people if not more work up the ladder in a company without a degree - FACT

I beleive you only really need a degree if if you is becoming a doctor, lawyers, teachers, etc etc, then pozzibly yes, but most cases, no

The firms which monitor public opinion pay my neice £50,000 pa and she graduated from Cambridge with PPE-they use them to build a profile of consumer trends -you probably realise this already.

Which degree do you have? Live Art? Drama Theory? I can see you know the ins and outs of the bargain basement job...

I have 2 degrees, one in disaster management and then studied hard for 5 years to become a cpn aster intially working in a hospital as an assistant.

First job was in disaster manegent at a very large US based org in the uk

my boyfriend is a degree snob.

He once mentioned that my colleague who did the same job as me should have been on more money than me as she had a degree although I had 13 years more experiene than her.

I may have dropped out of school to travel overseas when I was 17, but I wouldn't trade the life I've had for all the degrees in the world.

I now have a job that pays me more than my boyfriend would have expected someone without a degree to earn and I was hired based on my experience!!!

I may have been uneducated, but I started my adult life out of debt too.

Oh- i now have an NVQ in Spectator Safety, Maths and English and a BTEC in Security.

Archived