Are People Just Born Bad?

Well if you don't say so I hope you don't have kids.

Great. So everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a bad parent? I suppose both world wars, famine, and AIDS were all caused by bad parenting? You clearly have an issue with parents and I wouldn't like to guess why but there's obviously no reasoning with you on this topic.

Great. So everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a bad parent? I suppose both world wars, famine, and AIDS were all caused by bad parenting? You clearly have an issue with parents and I wouldn't like to guess why but there's obviously no reasoning with you on this topic.

At last, you've got it. BAD PARENTING!

I think concepts of "good" and "evil" are more complex than we give them credit for. Objectively speaking, there is no such thing as good and evil, and it stands to reason that there will be individuals who develop a more nihilistic outlook on life, which will inevitably lead to a sense of amorality.

Psychologists don't yet fully understand the workings of the subconscious mind and just how far environment influences any underlying genetic traits, but that's all they are at the end of the day - traits. You are not born good or evil, you are born with certain genetic traits and you develop traits that either support or go against the consensus morality we might call "good" or "normal".

To analyse and try to make sense of what we might call an evil mindset, subjectively, is a fruitless exercise.

I think concepts of "good" and "evil" are more complex than we give them credit for. Objectively speaking, there is no such thing as good and evil, and it stands to reason that there will be individuals who develop a more nihilistic outlook on life, which will inevitably lead to a sense of amorality.

Psychologists don't yet fully understand the workings of the subconscious mind and just how far environment influences any underlying genetic traits, but that's all they are at the end of the day - traits. You are not born good or evil, you are born with certain genetic traits and you develop traits that either support or go against the consensus morality we might call "good" or "normal".

To analyse and try to make sense of what we might call an evil mindset, subjectively, is a fruitless exercise.

Check the link epiphany. I would have agreed with you, until I saw that prog.

Check the link epiphany. I would have agreed with you, until I saw that prog.

I'll give it a watch, but I'd be surprised to hear any scientist come out and say that good and evil are anything but subjective and relative. What I mean is the words good and evil do not adequately describe such complex variations of genetically and environmentally influenced traits.

Archived