Are People Just Born Bad?

No ! There is no such thing as being born bad. The child is father of the man and that's the way it has always been

I'm sorry harleyman, but don't you think that view point is rather simplistic? The 'gene pool' gives us blue eyes, brown eyes or whatever. What about 'just plain badness?'

I'll give it a watch, but I'd be surprised to hear any scientist come out and say that good and evil are anything but subjective and relative. What I mean is the words good and evil do not adequately describe such complex variations of genetically and environmentally influenced traits.

I agree, I hope to see your views on the prog.

Nature or nurture (that old chestnut).

I don't belive anybody can be born bad but thier environment that they grow up in can be an evil one and lead them to be bad. Isn't it the case that most abusers were abused themselves.

Yes, but where do the breeders come from?

Yes, but where do the breeders come from?

I've no idea. Thankfully both yourself and myself haven't experienced such an upbringing. But imagine if one of your parents/guardians went through some s*** and that they take it out on you, what would you become. I think there's a lot to be said for your upbringing, or maybe not. What made Hitler bad? Was he born that way or did he generate his hate for various groups through the environment he grew up in?

I'm sorry harleyman, but don't you think that view point is rather simplistic? The 'gene pool' gives us blue eyes, brown eyes or whatever. What about 'just plain badness?'

How about the Mister Bad of all time Adolf Hitler? Born the son of a minor Austrian customs official. Lost his mother who he dearly loved at an early age and brought up by an insensitive and often brutal father.

The child is father of the man Rampent make no mistake. A child's mind is like a blackboard. It's ours to write on it whatever we want whether it be cruelty or kindness

Archived