Are People Just Born Bad?

That's probably somewhere around the mark.

People like those you mention above come to do atrocious things because they believe foolish ideas and convince others to share their views and act on them.

BP's examples were pretty much on the money. What is interesting is not so much their ideals that were followed but the similarities in their persona. Their following only seemed to reinforce their own ego rather than their intellectual political prowess. All three in some way were inadequate's with deep rooted fears and suspicion.

If you look at the family histories of mass murderers and other kinds of criminals so many times they were children of drunken abusive parents. This kind of experience in the young and formative years definitely has had something to do with their social conduct in adulthood.

I know two individuals who grew up with alcoholic parents. They never became criminals but they wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol under any circumstances

Looking a BBC2 right at this moment, it looks that way! :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Good_or_Evil/

I did not click the link -

However I'm sure many would agree , who we are , and who we become is effected by our environment . What we watch what we hear moulds our minds and creates our personalities - yes we have free will , we all do .

how our mind comprehends what we are taught makes us who we are ?

What is the defination of evil ?

Is killing one child by murder classed as evil ?

Or is killing 500,000 children by sanctions more evil or is it classed as legal intodays world ?

Regardless of his upbringing, we are all aware of right from wrong at an early age. We all have the choice to do good or bad. It is most unfortunate that that those who attain the great heights of power abuse this role. Who was it that said 'Power corrupts, absolutely?'

I think that was in Animal Farm by George Orwell.

I did not click the link -

However I'm sure many would agree , who we are , and who we become is effected by our environment . What we watch what we hear moulds our minds and creates our personalities - yes we have free will , we all do .

how our mind comprehends what we are taught makes us who we are ?

What is the defination of evil ?

Is killing one child by murder classed as evil ?

Or is killing 500,000 children by sanctions more evil or is it classed as legal intodays world ?

Good point. Most politicians are born evil. They need to be. To climb the slippy slope to power.

How about the Mister Bad of all time Adolf Hitler? Born the son of a minor Austrian customs official. Lost his mother who he dearly loved at an early age and brought up by an insensitive and often brutal father.

The child is father of the man Rampent make no mistake. A child's mind is like a blackboard. It's ours to write on it whatever we want whether it be cruelty or kindness

I think this is what made Hitler bad. If people are born bad and it is in their genepool then we'll have a lot to worry about with bin laden and fred wests kids etc but I can't recall generations of evil being commited by the same family.

Archived