Stiff necks and draughts

I'm inclined to think it's an urban myth too.

Although, when it's cold, people do tend to hunch their shoulders up which I guess involves tensing up neck muscles that you probably don't use as much as other ones. Maybe this could cause a stiff neck? :huh:

I practice traditional chinese medicine - mostly acupuncture with some other techniques. According to TCM, when a stiff neck occurs, it can be caused by a number of factors, one being the invasion of wind or cold into the body. This can be the result from not covering up in winter and cold weather, or from draughts and penetrates into the body through that area. This is just a theory, and many people are skeptical about TCM, some things I dont believe in as I am quite a skeptical person, but after training in it and practicing for a number of years, it does start to make you believe that these things must have some kind of significance. After all, Chinese medicine is one of the oldest forms of medicine in the world today, so they must be doing something right.

Hope that gives some sort of explanation for you.

I practice traditional chinese medicine - mostly acupuncture with some other techniques. According to TCM, when a stiff neck occurs, it can be caused by a number of factors, one being the invasion of wind or cold into the body. This can be the result from not covering up in winter and cold weather, or from draughts and penetrates into the body through that area. This is just a theory, and many people are skeptical about TCM, some things I dont believe in as I am quite a skeptical person, but after training in it and practicing for a number of years, it does start to make you believe that these things must have some kind of significance. After all, Chinese medicine is one of the oldest forms of medicine in the world today, so they must be doing something right.

Hope that gives some sort of explanation for you.

Belief in the Eearth melting from the ice and man being licked out of salt by a cow is pretty old too.... doesn't mean it's right.

As for TCM it's never been shown to have anything more than the simple placebo effect, just like the other great scam homeopathy.

Archived