Anyone see ron sexsmith?

what a gig! - the most moving, intense, funny, uplifting, glorious musical experience I've had in years - about 150 people bought tickets so they moved it to the tiny room up the side stairs making it perfect, like being in a nashville road house - poor old ron - bob dylan and springsteen and elvis costello rave about him ,he forms a band that weaves and snakes and smokes and his odd voice intertwines with them to form a tapestry of emotion (sorry, getting carried away - it really was THAT good) and no bugger gives a hoot.

well it's their loss, unfortunately I doubt I will ever see him perform live again (the tour must've lost serious brass).

If you're reading this Ron (which does seem unlikely I admit) thanks for a gig that goes into the top drawer (where johnny cash, gil scott heron, fela kuti, gillian welch, emmylou harris and nico went) and I really am very sorry that no one loves you.

150 of us really really do.

what a gig! - the most moving, intense, funny, uplifting, glorious musical experience I've had in years - about 150 people bought tickets so they moved it to the tiny room up the side stairs making it perfect, like being in a nashville road house - poor old ron - bob dylan and springsteen and elvis costello rave about him ,he forms a band that weaves and snakes and smokes and his odd voice intertwines with them to form a tapestry of emotion (sorry, getting carried away - it really was THAT good) and no bugger gives a hoot.

well it's their loss, unfortunately I doubt I will ever see him perform live again (the tour must've lost serious brass).

If you're reading this Ron (which does seem unlikely I admit) thanks for a gig that goes into the top drawer (where johnny cash, gil scott heron, fela kuti, gillian welch, emmylou harris and nico went) and I really am very sorry that no one loves you.

150 of us really really do.

151. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.Sounds like I missed out!

absolutely shanes teeth - it's the 1st time in ages that I've been picked up and gently blown away by a live performance, I went on my own cos no one else fancied it and thought £20 was too much on spec - it wasn't.

I didn't really know much about him except from the beeb 4 documentary a while ago, most of the audience knew every note and nuance of every song, I only vaguely knew a couple of songs , but ron's back catalogue will soon be on my ipod.

when he sang on his own, the magic wasn't quite there, but the combination of him and the band was incredible - still reeling from it.

Archived