A Levels in England

Hello,

i am moving near Sheffield next year. First i thought about to just do a job then but i was thinking about doing my A-Levels then. Because i tried 2 times in Germany and always been so bad in maths, that i didnt want to try no more.

I've heard about, that its possible in England to do your A-Levels without taking maths. Is that right? Where could i ask or what school maybe offers A-Levels in 1 year? How much would it cost? What do i have to know about the A-Levels in England?

I know, it depends on the marks, if i need to take maths or not. So i am better telling you my marks.

German: B, English: A, Maths: D, Science: C, Music: B, Arts: B, PE: B, Technical Education: B, Religion: B

As well as A Levels you'd be advised to resit your English GCSE till you get a better grade because it can be quite useful in life, not just for day to day skills but also as a passport into higher education and work. D isn't actually that bad a grade. I only got a C but it's helped me qualify for things I otherwise wouldn't have. A few more percentage points and you'd have it. If you can afford it get personal tuition.

As for cost and enrolment for A Levels log onto websites for Sheffield College and schools like St Edward, High Storrs, Silverdale, St Ecgberts and Tapton who I think all have 6th forms. There may be others. The best schools for academic results are on the west side of the city and catchment areas might come into it but I'm not sure. Google them and email them for advice and information.

Archived