Gay blood donor ban to be lifted

If that is true all is well, however, the original article cited mentioned concerns re equality.

It does mention that some people have brought up those concerns - I'd lay heavy odds that the previously-mentioned Peter Tatchell would be one of them.

But it also does make very clear that the medical committee considering the ban is considering only medical criteria.

OK then, in a sentence, what exactly are you driving at?

I can manage it in two sentences, if you'll be satisfied with that.

The question of whether or not to allow homosexuals to give blood should be decided based on what level of risk they pose, independently of what level of risk any other group poses. If you bar them simply because their level of risk is higher than some other group, you'll end up with a donor pool of exactly one individual, because everybody else in the world will be more at risk than that one individual.

The question of whether or not to allow homosexuals to give blood should be decided based on what level of risk they pose, independently of what level of risk any other group poses. If you bar them simply because their level of risk is higher than some other group, you'll end up with a donor pool of exactly one individual, because everybody else in the world will be more at risk than that one individual.

The gay community are a high risk group, lifting the blood donor ban for gay men is folly.

Your having an argument for arguments sake, you cannot be this stupid surely ?

Do you know what percentages, risk factors, risk assessments and probability is ?

You are arguing that unless we lift the ban it is only fair that thousands of people die and that we only take blood from virgins IE: children.

I don't think your comments are even worth reply anymore, you are either doing this to wind people up or you just really are not bright at all. Given that you can type suggests that your just trying to get peoples backs up.

Archived