The double standard of religious exemptions.

danot

On your first point, you admit the EDL are rampaging idiots who you think should be allowed to cover their faces.
Is that what I posted?.. is it really? Because I'm certain the post reads- post 86["Right, so they're a bunch of rampaging idiots who's behavior warrants police intervention, but how does the face coverings they wear pose risk to security? I'm not convinced it does."]

That's what I actually posted, so where does it say that I think they should be allowed to cover their faces? Also, how does the mask that a rampaging idiot is wearing pose risk to security? Because I would like to think the behavior of the rampaging idiot would alert any security or police officer that's worth their salt regardless of the mask being worn.

Posted by LeMaquis

The latter bit would help them to avoid detection. That would be a risk to security if they carried on.

Carried what on?.. Rampaging like an idiot?

Posted by LeMaquis

The second bit. "Anyone's reasoning"? No, just the reasoning of the far right.

So by saying "the Niqab is a security risk" I'm being racist ? How so? Muslim women aren't being discussed.. Niqabs are!! Oh!, I see, I'm a racist because only muslim women wear them??!! :idea: And here I am thinking it could be anybody wearing it. Duh!!

Posted by LeMaquis

You seem to be saying that rampaging EDL idiots are not a security risk despite covering their faces and that Muslim women who aren't rampaging idiots are a security risk because they cover their faces.

I'm not saying that at all. You seem to be saying that a rampaging masked member of the EDL is going to somehow hoodwink security somehow simply because he's wearing a mask, and that every Niqab wearer must be a Muslim woman that poses no risk whatsoever.

Posted by LeMaquis

The thread title is about double standards. I think you've come up with a very good one there.

What double standard is that then?

Posted by LeMaquis

So could you tell us why rampaging Christians are less of a threat than non-rampaging Muslims?

err..Because the none rampaging Muslims aren't rampaging.. perhaps!!??

Archived