The double standard of religious exemptions.

danot

Yeah- and do you wonder why? Since the whole saga on burkhas got publicity (I mean, who bothered about it a few years ago)?? you now have criminals who are thinking, 'hey, that's a good disguise, will give it go!'

All the news and gossip on Islam, stirred by some groups/media and paranoid individuals who think Islam is taking over the world :hihi: has led to all the added hysteria.

The thread is about religious head gear. Not the EDL.

Religious head gear should be simply banned if it covers the face. That way the police wont waste time and money searching people.

The thread is about what people want it to be about. The EDL wear No Surrender tatoos, which are religious symbols emanating from Irish Christian death squads. It didn't take long for your far right authoritarian tendencies to kick in, did it? Why is it alright for EDL criminals to wear balaclavas but not innocent Muslim women to cover their faces?

Ask the French. They seem to be doing ok.

I asked you. Why should British police spend time checking religious headgear when they could be looking for drug-delaers, murderers, rapists, robbers, etc. Just because the far right has an unhealthy obsession with Muslims doesn't mean the rest of British society should let rapists, murderers, drug-dealers, etc, off the hook.

Yeah- and do you wonder why? Since the whole saga on burkhas got publicity (I mean, who bothered about it a few years ago)?? you now have criminals who are thinking, 'hey, that's a good disguise, will give it go!'

All the news and gossip on Islam, stirred by some groups/media and paranoid individuals who think Islam is taking over the world :hihi: has led to all the added hysteria.

:hihi: Abosoloute crap :hihi:

The thread is about what people want it to be about. The EDL wear No Surrender tatoos, which are religious symbols emanating from Irish Christian death squads. It didn't take long for your far right authoritarian tendencies to kick in, did it? Why is it alright for EDL criminals to wear balaclavas but not innocent Muslim women to cover their faces?

Mine?

No mate, i wasnt the one who mentioned the EDL (and who frequantly mentions the EDL).

Anyone who doesnt have the nuts to show their face when making a point is a tool. And that includes most muslims that wear that ridiculous getup.

I asked you. Why should British police spend time checking religious headgear when they could be looking for drug-delaers, murderers, rapists, robbers, etc. Just because the far right has an unhealthy obsession with Muslims doesn't mean the rest of British society should let rapists, murderers, drug-dealers, etc, off the hook.

They wouldnt need to if banned.

Ban the burka and anyone seen wearing one gets one opportunity to remove it or face arrest.

Simples ;)

The thread is about religious head gear. Not the EDL.

Religious head gear should be simply banned if it covers the face. That way the police wont waste time and money searching people.

How much time and money do you think is wasted by the police searching people who wear religious headgear?

They wouldnt need to if banned.

Ban the burka and anyone seen wearing one gets one opportunity to remove it or face arrest.

Simples ;)

..and what do you think that would do for social cohesion-help it or hinder it?

Why don't we get the police to arrest people who wear wigs or have lary tattoos..or best of all sweaty men who wear football strips of synthetic fibre, I find them particularly offensive.

How much time and money do you think is wasted by the police searching people who wear religious headgear?

At present not enough.

If the garb was banned then sure there would be an increase in searches, police time and what have you but only in the short term.

As soon as out islamic friends get the message that their stupid ideals arent welcome here they may then realise they have to fall in line with the rest of us.

Or go live somewhere else.

Archived