The double standard of religious exemptions.

danot

Yeah- and do you wonder why? Since the whole saga on burkhas got publicity (I mean, who bothered about it a few years ago)?? you now have criminals who are thinking, 'hey, that's a good disguise, will give it go!'

All the news and gossip on Islam, stirred by some groups/media and paranoid individuals who think Islam is taking over the world :hihi: has led to all the added hysteria.

This is the problem the Niqab presents us with though, it's easily obtainable to criminals and offers them the same privilege that Muslim woman have to conceal their identities in public without drawing unwanted attention.

Sorry, you've lost me-what's the connection between the burka and police searches? I'm afraid it isn't obvious.

Frankly what other people do isn't my concern, I don't like to stick my nose in other folks business and since their "stupid ideals" don't affect me one iota, I think I'll maintain that position as far as Muslims are concerned.

Then why are you discussing them?

Then why are you discussing them?

How much time and money do you think is wasted by the police searching people who wear religious headgear?
At present- No time or money is spent on it.

How much time and money is spent looking at concealed faces they're unable to identify on CCTV footage?

..and what do you think that would do for social cohesion-help it or hinder it?
Why not ask Barroness Warsi, she's the governments cohesion minister. I'm sure she'll be able to paint a clearer picture of Islamic exemptions than we can.:hihi:

Posted by boyfriday

Why don't we get the police to arrest people who wear wigs or have lary tattoos..or best of all sweaty men who wear football strips of synthetic fibre, I find them particularly offensive.

We're not here to talk about 'what we take offence to', we're here to talk about the unfairness and inequality of religious exemptions that pose risks to security and compromise legislative policies and lawful acts.

Sorry, you've lost me-what's the connection between the burka and police searches? I'm afraid it isn't obvious.

Frankly what other people do isn't my concern, I don't like to stick my nose in other folks business and since their "stupid ideals" don't affect me one iota, I think I'll maintain that position as far as Muslims are concerned.

Then why do the BNP supporters stupid ideals cause you concern? You never miss an opportunity to stick your nose into their affairs.

Archived