The double standard of religious exemptions.

danot

You appear to be falling into that old trap of "I think this, therefore the majority do too/I speak for the majority."

Only when it comes to people wearing stupid clothes to cover their faces up in order to make some sky pixie happy/ commit crime or some knuckle dragging chimp whos so bloody stupid he decries radicalism whilst being one of the worst kind of radicals himself.

As an aside have a trip down town and ask around. Go into a bank/shop or any other place and see if the burka is welcomed or treated rightly with mistrust.

I think we are talking here about something that YOU take offence to - Islam.
I only take offence to the aspects of Islam that offend me. Which there are plenty of.

Posted by LeMaquis

As for posing risks to security, EDL face masks and balaclavas do that. How many arrests last Saturday, including one for attacking a copper? Very law-abiding, aren't we?

What!! So in which areas of society and in what type of establishments are face masks and balaclava's posing risks to security?, or for that matter, 'compromising' security?, because the only reason I feel Niqabs compromise and pose risks to security is no one ever questions why it's being worn or who is wearing it. Face masks and balaclava's on the other hand would cause most people to question those wearing them. There's no comparison between the two. None whatsoever.

Posted by LeMaquis

And the BNP compromises legislative policies by not getting its returns in on time and not paying its bills. And that doesn't include all the other crimes its members have got up to - bent coppers, gang rapists, drug dealers, etc. That covers compromises of lawful acts. The number of EDL and BNP members with criminal records, including the leaderships, one of whom is currently fasting Islam-style in a prison in southern England, is innumerable.

But again, there's no comparison between the two. If true, these are serious allegations all of which are chargeable offences which are no doubt being thoroughly investigated as we speak.

I can see the point of the OP.

My mum once went into a Co-op just to buy some milk wearing a motor bike helmet, one of the ones with the flip up front so her face was visible, but the shop staff refused to serve her even just for the milk without her removing the helmet. Now would they have done the same with a Burqa clad lady? No.

On a cold winters day my brother once decided to wear a balaclava whilst driving, was promptly stopped by the police, explained he was wearing it because the tempurature was around freezing, they insisted he remove it. Do the police ever do that with burqa clad ladies? No.

Good points.

You appear to be falling into that old trap of "I think this, therefore the majority do too/I speak for the majority."
Is it any worse than those who fall into the trap of- "Even though I agree with some of the controversial comments being made, Its best if I post a few insincere sentiments to that show I disapprove to avoid any backlash".

The French banned hiding one's face because it was "causing all kinds of social tensions" and the act aimed to "get all Muslims to integrate fully into French society". It had nothing to do with criminality.
Any Idea what caused the social tension? Might it have been issues with security?

What!! So in which areas of society and in what type of establishments are face masks and balaclava's posing risks to security?, or for that matter, 'compromising' security?, because the only reason I feel Niqabs compromise and pose risks to security is no one ever questions why it's being worn or who is wearing it. Face masks and balaclava's on the other hand would cause most people to question those wearing them. There's no comparison between the two. None whatsoever.

But again, there's no comparison between the two. If true, these are serious allegations all of which are chargeable offences which are no doubt being thoroughly investigated as we speak.

The EDL cover their faces because they don't want to be recognised and to ape their heroes, loyalist paramiltarists. It's the same with the No Surrender chants and tatoos and the Rangers fans there last Saturday. Far more EDL members get nicked and done than Muslim women, that's for sure. Tommy Robinson has a few convictions including for football hooliganism just recently. At 28 he ought to know better. In the BNP there's a bent copper in Barnsley, a drug dealer in Sheffield and a gang rapist in Oldham who used to be their organiser. Griffin and Brons both have criminal records. I think it's compulsory if you want to join. There are loads of anti-fascist websites that list all these and many more.

Archived