E-Bay whats the deal, no feedback?

Whats happening at E-Bay. Is it becoming fashionable not to send feedback anymore. For the last two items I have purchased I have sent positive feedback to the seller, but have not received any feedback from them.

Is it a case of, got your money, don`t care ?

When I was selling in large amounts on there, I had a thing called Selling Manager Pro which left feedback once the item had been paid for. It could leave it once it was received if I set it like that, you will find a lot of eBay shops us this. However, I only got about 60% as many feedback left from buyers as what I was leaving for them. Some people just can't be bothered, or leave a few at once every few weeks.

i always wait until the seller has left me feedback before i leave mine although sometimes it,s an automated system where as soon as you leave the seller theirs their system leaves you yours ,this is more often for people who sell loads of stuff as traders not private sellers

I can't always be bothered to leave feedback, tend to do it in batches every so often,what's the point really unless you've had problems. If you buy from a high street store you don't expect to have to send them a feedback letter a week later. I also hate it when sellers nag you to leave feedback, makes me even less likely to leave feedback......

eBay send out automatic emails to remind people to leave feedback as well, but this is a while after the transaction, just before time is about to run out for buyer protection claims. Its basically a 'leave feedback or report a problem' email, but I'm not sure if it is still the case, but they make it look like the seller sent it.

Some sellers still wait until the buyer leaves feedback, I presume so they can either not leave feedback, or leave the buyer a nasty comment (which is against the rules) if something goes wrong. Might as well just give it when they pay though, as you can only give them a positive anyway.

I usually leave feedback some time after I have received the goods so if anything goes wrong I have at least some back up on my side before discussing with the seller,as no one likes negative feedback!..............I always leave feedback and have only had to leave negative feedback once!

Archived