Recurring dreams

I would just like to point out that opinions are fine, but being 100% sure that "dreams dont mean anything" is complete nonsense, you only know what you've been taught, and your teacher only knows what they've been taught, so you cannot be certain about any of these things, as well as not having a spirit, no matter what anybody says, all these things are completely unknown, so if i choose to believe my dreams have meaning then that is my opinion, and closed mind agnostics will not change that, and the thread was about what a certain dream meant, not wether dreams really do mean something or not, so thank you to everybody who actually voiced an opinion on the ACTUAL topic

I would just like to point out that opinions are fine, but being 100% sure that "dreams dont mean anything" is complete nonsense, you only know what you've been taught, and your teacher only knows what they've been taught, so you cannot be certain about any of these things, as well as not having a spirit, no matter what anybody says, all these things are completely unknown, so if i choose to believe my dreams have meaning then that is my opinion, and closed mind agnostics will not change that, and the thread was about what a certain dream meant, not wether dreams really do mean something or not, so thank you to everybody who actually voiced an opinion on the ACTUAL topic

That'd be me then! :wave::D

lol. That means, to stop taking those painkillers, and stop having nightmares... Either change an aspect of your life, or do something which will stop the bad feeling or anger or suppressed Self from coming through.

Not everybody lives a life that they want and desire, and nor do they chase for it. This is also the problem for most people, and hence any displacement of emotions, actions, or escapism can happen in any or all areas of their own lives.

Stop talking out of your RECTUM. Nerves were damaged during lung removal and then rheumatoid arthritis followed on. You have obviously never experienced pain.

MAKE SURE BRAIN IS ENGAGED BEFORE OPERATING MOUTH !!! :loopy:

Stop talking out of your RECTUM. Nerves were damaged during lung removal and then rheumatoid arthritis followed on. You have obviously never experienced pain.

MAKE SURE BRAIN IS ENGAGED BEFORE OPERATING MOUTH !!! :loopy:

You should definitely go and see a doctor about these nightmares. At least to ascertain whether they are invoked by these strong painkillers that you are taking.

As I understand it, it is simple. You mentioned that you are taking pain killers, and that they are giving you nightmares. I said nightmares are a psychological effect from something from your life. In this instance you said that it is the pills. I said either stop taking them, or do something about it in your life to stop the nightmares. I did not know why or need to know why you are taking those pills. All I was concerned is that, you do have a choice to deal with the nightmares.

Now that you have told me about the fact that they were for a lung operation, and then RA afterwards. You have to ask yourself, whether you do want psychologist support or not. To me, the fact that you told me this, gives me the impression that you may be traumatized from the experience, and may need some counselling, if anything. As painkillers reduces physical pains, but what fixes the psychological side of the experience?

Anyhow, no malice or deliberate obtuse intended, so I wish you a speedy recovery!

Well yeah they'll tell you that, but its almost certainly due to confirmation bias.

Of course they are! That doesn't mean that they have any significance or can tell you anything useful about your subconcious mind.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I think they can and do tell me useful things about the unconscious.

Freud may be problematic, but on the whole he's fascinating. And I see examining dreams as part of being interested in brain processes in other ways and consciousness as a whole.

Which is not to say, of course, that I'd expect a literal interpretation of a heavily symbolic dream, or that I'd ever (ever) pay something to interpret my dreams for me. But as an insight into myself, they're useful.

Archived