Paying for your children

You cant just take away a persons right to procreate in this day and age. Taking money from these people only hurts the kids. Thats why it will never happen.

It wouldn't be taking away the right to procreate. I think it would just make people more responsible on how they go about doing it. I want my genes passed on but I'm in no way going to look to the state to support this.

So how would you monitor and 'police' that?

Would a couple have to apply to have a child - fill in a form, have an interview to determine their motives before conceiving?

Not a bad idea. There are tighter controls on getting a pet these days than having kids.

So how would you monitor and 'police' that?

Would a couple have to apply to have a child - fill in a form, have an interview to determine their motives before conceiving?

Why would you have to fill in a form, your details will already be on file as they are now, and should anyone try to put a claim in for a third child, then it will be flagged up.

Its striking me from the few comments so far, that people are in this scroung culture. MY point is that if you cant afford to have more than 2 kids, then dont have them, if you are so foolish to concieve whilst in an unsuitable situation, then you will have to bring these kids up on your own. People do things called work to supply and make their own way of life,

Because you don't choose to get old :loopy:

The governemt do subsidise having kids.

The pension will not be available to people, I will not get an OAP and therefore I have invested in my own business for my own pension, no one provides for me

That kind of makes the assumption that people are already on benefits when they have the kids. What about if the family works but something goes wrong and they're left on the dole with 4 kids through no fault of their own?

Good point. Although this is about having kids and not already having kids.

Its not about taking away peoples rights to have children, its about govt/me/you/taxpayer/whatever you want to call it having to pay for the kids that people chose to have.

This is not about a rich poor thing either, you get child benefit for your kids regardless of your stautus in life.

Its not about taking away peoples rights to have children, its about govt/me/you/taxpayer/whatever you want to call it having to pay for the kids that people chose to have.

This is not about a rich poor thing either, you get child benefit for your kids regardless of your stautus in life.

No you don't well,not from 2013 I think anyway

Archived