Homelessness up 17%

It seems madness to me that we don't have a large house building programne to provide affordable council housing and employment.

Private housing could be provided by the same scheme by selling the houses at a percentage above the land/building costs.

Another option would be to construct prefabs as we had after the war.

Where would the money come from to fund this house building scheme?

Where would the money come from to fund this house building scheme?

Print a few head billion £ out of thin air, give it a fancy name...

Quantative easing, something like that. Instead of gifting it to the already wealthy or over indebted. Use it to build housing.

Print a few head billion £ out of thin air, give it a fancy name...

Quantative easing, something like that. Instead of gifting it to the already wealthy or over indebted. Use it to build housing.

That would help the rest of the economy and every other business in the UK, wouldn't it...

That would help the rest of the economy and every other business in the UK, wouldn't it...

It would very much help productive business.

Buy to let landlords would be screwed, but I've no sympathy for them, and they produce nothing of value anyhow.

If people don't have to spend a disproportionate amount on housing then they can spend money elsewhere in the economy.

Hi

Here in London, we know of a friend who works with a bloke that has his name registered on a council property. His wife left him and he was alone in the three bedroom house. then he got an idea, he has rented out the place for 1500 in cash every month and sleeps in a hostle - he plans to do this for a year - the bloke also gets hosuing benefit as he is part time and low wage!

It would very much help productive business.

Buy to let landlords would be screwed, but I've no sympathy for them, and they produce nothing of value anyhow.

If people don't have to spend a disproportionate amount on housing then they can spend money elsewhere in the economy.

Everyone knows you have no sympathy for them (Buy to let landlords that is). I'm not sure where the hatred comes from though. I assume you feel that the state should provide housing for everyone and people should be able to legitimately run businesses as property owners / landlords. A practice that has happened in the UK for about 1000 years...

Archived