BMW MINI COOPER 2009 electricial fire

my mini was parked over night, the next morning the inside had been on fire, the seat melted also dash and sun visor,

BMW dealers carried out a forensic examination, but their report was inconclusive so they will not accept any responsibility.

My insurance company has advised repair only which means i lose my no claims and have to pay the excess.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with the Mini and hence is there a design flaw with the car?

My insurance company has advised repair only which means i lose my no claims and have to pay the excess.

?

Isn't this why you have insurance? You've made a claim so you pay the excess and by default lose NCB? Wouldn't the same happen if the ins. co. had written the car off? Genuine questions not having a dig..

Isn't this why you have insurance? You've made a claim so you pay the excess and by default lose NCB? Wouldn't the same happen if the ins. co. had written the car off? Genuine questions not having a dig..

thats why im asking anyone else had the same probem is it a default on vechicle

Archived