Chip shop style vinegar

The best "non brewed condiment"/vinegar was made at Penistone Vinegar Brewery, it used to almost make your eyes run when you put it on your chips.

Alas it fell to "progress" and was bought out by Sarsons I think, just for its order book I suppose, anyhow they closed it. A great loss. The PVB driver lived in our close, we never had to buy the best, got it for nowt.

Regards

Angel.

Makro sells it. It is now one of those brands that are classed as "catering" category. What you get in supermarkets are more domestic generic brands which should sell to a more generic market.

Sarsons is still available in supermarkets, and one other malt vinegar which I cannot recall the name of...

For me, pickling vinegar that has been used for pickling many times is supreme vinegar. Like old chip shop oil. the remnants of a thousand meals. Mmmmm

What if the french use that stuff and cook frogs? Frogs have loads of germs and you get warts from them. You might end up with a wart on your bum :gag:

Archived