Big freeze from November - what are your plans for survival?

Sandie.

Last year (December 2010) we had what could only be descibed as a normal winter, yet everything went into meltdown.

Thankfully, it only lasted 3 weeks, however this up and coming freeze could last until February.

Although people paniked and stayed at home (as they were unable to get to work), Tescos and Morrisons was strangely full of the very people who thought it was too dangerous to go to work.

I do think if we have a prolonged winter, then our country will be forced to have a serious long hard look at itself and develop a bit of the old fashioned "british grit". A serious winter, could bring about the end of our nampy pamby society should it be a serious a is being predicted.

Anyway, back onto topic - remember everyone make sure you are well equiped should you choose to venture out, if you get caught in a 6 inch snowdrift, you may need survival rations until the rescue services arrive (or you could simply not drive along roads like the snake pass when it snows)

Sandie.

Last year (December 2010) we had what could only be descibed as a normal winter

Last December was the worst single-day snowfall I've ever seen. Not even in 1947 did that much snow come down all in one day. And as far as temperatures go, it was the worst single month since 1963.

It could not, by any stretch of the imagination, be described as normal.

Anyway, back onto topic - remember everyone make sure you are well equiped should you choose to venture out, if you get caught in a 6 inch snowdrift, you may need survival rations until the rescue services arrive (or you could simply not drive along roads like the snake pass when it snows)

And remember that under no circumstances should you attempt to clear any snow from a road or pavement, as doing so could lead to you being sued. :roll:

I can 't believe we are going to have a cold winter. I still have faith in the Global Warming Experts. [ Mind you I still have faith in the Euro Experts and the Flat Earth-ists ]. I believe that by 2020, we will be sunning ourselves on Scottish beaches in February and that Hull will be the new St. Tropez.

The only way we can avoid the catastrophe of our little planet heating up and exploding by 2050 is for the government to spend trillions galore on more experts and wind farms.

I still have 14 kg of salt left over from last year, but I think I'll go to Tesco now and stock up on it, and canned food, bottles of water, rice, pasta, and of course gas canisters for the camp cooker, because I'm sure the gas and electricity will fail...better get some mittens and slippers too. :hihi:

I for 1 am hoping we not going to have last yrs weather,was a pain in backside i have 3 horses and winters are bad enough without 3 ft of snow and to add a baby due in november lol,i did got to work and walked about a mile and half (uphill i might add lol)in 3 feet of snow,but love the original post

Archived