Big freeze from November - what are your plans for survival?

Well, I for one , am NOT having that Mr. Chem1st round at my place, eating my chocolate biscuits and drinking my Earl Grey. I am normally a friendly, generous person but you can bet your life that once chem1st got his feet under the table, the rest of those S.F. scroungers wouldn 't be far behind. I know all about the Universal Brotherhood of Man but for me that does not include free-loaders from Sheffield [ notice that chem1st never even mentions anything about a contribution ! ]

Bear in mind, that the forecasters predicted a glorious summer (for the 2nd year in a row) and got that wrong twice!

They only seem to be able to predict the weather a week or so in advance - anything more than that and it's purely guesswork, no matter how much their supercomputer cost them.

Well, Chem1st, I did mean a direct contribution for any victuals consumed on my premises. People accuse me of being a Tight Old Sod because I put a tin box on the table for guests

[' Please give generously as I am a pensioner. Dig deep '] but the pittance I get from visitors does help me with my annual visit to Florida and twice-daily stroll to our local.

So, folks, if you drop in on a poor old pensioner, this Yuletide, DON 'T be mean. Remember many of us fought the Nazis to keep Britain free. [ I didn 't [ Naafi ] but that 's

by-the-by.].

Well, Chem1st, I did mean a direct contribution for any victuals consumed on my premises. People accuse me of being a Tight Old Sod because I put a tin box on the table for guests

[' Please give generously as I am a pensioner. Dig deep '] but the pittance I get from visitors does help me with my annual visit to Florida and twice-daily stroll to our local.

So, folks, if you drop in on a poor old pensioner, this Yuletide, DON 'T be mean. Remember many of us fought the Nazis to keep Britain free. [ I didn 't [ Naafi ] but that 's

by-the-by.].

Archived