Big freeze from November - what are your plans for survival?

Last December was the worst single-day snowfall I've ever seen. Not even in 1947 did that much snow come down all in one day. And as far as temperatures go, it was the worst single month since 1963.

It could not, by any stretch of the imagination, be described as normal.

Entire inches of snow fell in some places, so much so that gritters were unable to grit, or at least they stopped doing so...

Entire inches of snow fell in some places, so much so that gritters were unable to grit, or at least they stopped doing so...

You are right of course. We had 18 inches of snow in my neck of the woods drifting to 24 inches in my corner of ne Derbyshire. I'm a heavy sleeper so did I sleep through my previous 34 winters when we had that much snow or are you, perhaps talking rhubarb ?

I bought mine last year just as the snow stopped and it was no longer needed. Its been in my boot ever since. I only needed one last winter to dig my car out because the snow plough had piled 4ft of snow against it!

If there is to be a big freeze, watch eastern Europe. For the last 3 years, they have had early snow falls (around Oct).

Archived