Schengen visa advise

Ring the French embassy and ask what the situation is with regards a visa for your wife. You can also visit an advice centre in Sheffield, preferably the nearest to where you live but expect a 2/3 wait for an appointment. Just google advice centres in Sheffield. Or try Sheffield Law Centre near the Wicker. I think the delay in anyone responding would be because you're asking for legal advice on a forum and most people wouldn't know what ILR means.

Ring the French embassy and ask what the situation is with regards a visa for your wife. You can also visit an advice centre in Sheffield, preferably the nearest to where you live but expect a 2/3 wait for an appointment. Just google advice centres in Sheffield. Or try Sheffield Law Centre near the Wicker. I think the delay in anyone responding would be because you're asking for legal advice on a forum and most people wouldn't know what ILR means.

They should acquaint themselves with the meaning, the country is packed with illegals granted ILR.

Now you must go to London in person to get the Shengen visa.You have to make an appointment and take all the relevant forms with you. One piece of advice take all the documents they want on size A4 paper.They are free if the person is married to a British national.You can get all the info from the Shengen web page.Don`t ring the French embassy because it is run by a private firm now.

Hi,

Wanting to go to France in December but will need to obtain a Schengen visa for my wife(she has ILR visa).Can anyone advise as to the best way to do this without having to travel to the embassy in London....?

Regards

Well, I do not know what the term ILR means. What I would normally do in a situation like this is, to find the embassy number and ring them directly to ask. Just ask them if they have any online websites or any other ways to handle this issue.

Hi,

Wanting to go to France in December but will need to obtain a Schengen visa for my wife(she has ILR visa).Can anyone advise as to the best way to do this without having to travel to the embassy in London....?

Regards

She managed to get over here but is too bone idle to travel to London. :hihi:

Well, I do not know what the term ILR means. What I would normally do in a situation like this is, to find the embassy number and ring them directly to ask. Just ask them if they have any online websites or any other ways to handle this issue.

Indefinite Leave to Remain, but really indefinite leave to enter and remain i.e. you can come and go from and to the UK but you're not yet a British citizen and so don't have a British passport. Without a British passport you need visas to visit other countries like France.

Archived