Atheism: new religion?

chorba

Like I said: pasta can't fly.

You seem to misunderstand the definition of proof.

Maybe people don't discuss it on a public forum because it is a personal/intimate question.

I never mentioned forums. The same people are willing enough to tell me how loving their god is and that he is responsible for all life on earth and that if I let God into my heart I will be saved.

I've never STOPPED any gods from entering my heart, I don't claim that gods don't exist, I'm open minded. So just HOW exactly do I let God into my heart? Why does he talk to millions of others but not to me?

I have had conversions with intolerant religious people and intolerant atheists.

Intolerant people motivated by their religion want to restrict women's rights, access to healthcare, free speech, art, science, diet, even freedom to choose a religion or choose not to have one.

Intolerant people motivated by their atheism do what exactly? Write books? Boo hoo.

What I believe doesn't matter.

Actually, it does, especially in the light of you starting atheism related threads.

I have a problem with atheists preaching me about the non-existence of god.

So you start atheist related threads?:loopy:

And tell people they're delusional. It's a form of abuse don't you know!

Religion works by sheer force of numbers. The greater the number of people convincing each other of the "message" the stronger it all holds together.

A'theists are a threat simply by their very existence. Deep down in their subconscious the believers must suspect that it's BS, so they find a'theists annoying for simply being a'theist, a constant reminder that it actually is BS.

A'theists that have the temerity to actually say that it is BS are intolerant. Just like the child was intolerant when he pointed out that the Emperor's new clothes weren't clothes at all.

Archived