Atheism: new religion?

chorba

Yes they are. No all atheists of course.

I have talked to many of them. It is the reason why I opened this thread.

They don't just disagree.

They don't only say "I don't believe in god".

They tell other people that they shouldn't believe in god.

I think that is the thing. As there is a respect line between

1 - wanting to justify one's position by the other person's intent on wanting to win over you on something, to

2 - sharing and discussing in order to learn (both about each other, and also about the subject) from each others viewpoints.

:suspect:

It is when a decent person do not expect someone else to jump down their throat on atheism, or rationality, or rationalising atheism and so forth. If you have something to share, then share it. Though, do not expect others to really accepts your views too. If you are so complete with yourself and believe in atheism, why would you need to preach to someone else anyway ?

The constant tone of rude insolence you have used against nearly everyone you have encountered in the short time you have been on this forum shows that you are far from being 'decent' or 'ethical' yourself.

The constant tone of rude insolence you have used against nearly everyone you have encountered in the short time you have been on this forum shows that you are far from being 'decent' or 'ethical' yourself.

Sorry, I do not wish to fight with you. Thank you.

Good! Maybe you could roll that out to include all the many other people you have been rude and patronising to in the last 24 hours.

I hope that one day, you will read other people's post for what they are trying to tell you and not for what you want to marginalise them to be. :loopy:

I hope that one day, you will read other people's post for what they are trying to tell you and not for what you want to marginalise them to be. :loopy:

With your constant stream of recriminations against other posters, you are doing a perfectly good job of marginalising yourself without any help from me.

With your constant stream of recriminations against other posters, you are doing a perfectly good job of marginalising yourself without any help from me.

I do not think that I am allowing my own views to be marginalised. Cos they are my views, and I do not accept others harassing me into another view. Accept it for what it is. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions without any fights or challenging attitude from others.

This thread is the same. It is talking of those atheists who argues til the cows come home. Sorry, no. These people do not know where to draw the line.

If you think that others are marginalising me as a person, well then, so be it.

Religion works by sheer force of numbers. The greater the number of people convincing each other of the "message" the stronger it all holds together.

A'theists are a threat simply by their very existence.

Spot on! Which is why, after centuries in which established religions in the west have gone from executing non believers, to jailing them, to ostrcising them as social pariahs (these things still occur in some countries) the latest attempt to silence them is - with no sense of irony whatsoever - to accuse them of intolerance. Yes, expressing a view which contradicts that of a religious person is the new definition of intolerance in some quarters.

Archived