Atheism: new religion?

chorba

No what I don't like is people telling me what I should believe in an arrogant/violent way. I have no problems with the difference of opinion.

There is a difference between stating your opinion/beliefs and telling everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you they are wrong and stupid. Which is what intolerant religious people and atheists do.

Simple example: In the three main monotheist religions killing is a sin. Yet millions of people have died killed by religious people.

In replying to this I will assume that your addition of the word "violent" is simply exaggerated hyperbole on your part. If not, then I fear any thoughts of debate must be extinguished.

Whatever the subject, science, politics or religion, I care about what is right and wrong, truth and untruth. In seeking knowledge, feelings, and protecting delusions, are a inconvenient barrier.

What you are demanding is intolerant. You want to restrict my freedom to express my views.

The idea, which you keep repeating, that somebody can "impose" their views on somebody is absolute nonsense.

I once believed in God, but now I don't believe in any gods. I am still the same person, but my views reflect the evidence with which I have been presented. I would willingly change my mind again, and would never think that somebody was trying to "impose" their views on me, or even if it was possible, merely by debate.

Nobody likes an arrogant person, and holding a particular belief does not make somebody more or less arrogant. But you didn't start a thread titled "I don't like arrogant people", you started a thread with the intention of slurring atheists.

You have consistently applied double standards in your arguments. If you think I am being "militant" in the way I have expressed myself ... tough, that's your problem and not mine.

Archived