What happens to car no-claims if you dont have a car?

Skink

With things being as bit tight I am looking to sell my car (which could be a whole thread in itself)

but I am concerned that I dont know what happens to my no claims bonus - not had a claim in 10 years plus. When I sell the car I guess I just tell my insurer and nothing much happens. Then when the insurance runs out there is nothing to insure so what actually happens ?

To complicate things I am named driver on my wifes car - though I guress this might help

any thoughts ?

With things being as bit tight I am looking to sell my car (which could be a whole thread in itself)

but I am concerned that I dont know what happens to my no claims bonus - not had a claim in 10 years plus. When I sell the car I guess I just tell my insurer and nothing much happens. Then when the insurance runs out there is nothing to insure so what actually happens ?

To complicate things I am named driver on my wifes car - though I guress this might help

any thoughts ?

Is your wife with the same insurer? Maybe you could transfer it to hers or if you are going to get another car in the future you could ask them to put a freeze on it

I had a spell without a car and I think the no claims was valid for 3 years. I know I had to start again with another car as I had gone longer than this without a car. You need to check with your insurer for definite on this as it could be costly in the future with no no claims discount

Archived