Colour scheme for living room

ive just had my living room all plastered,i live in a terrace house with a bay window,and im having new carpet/wooden floor havnt decided yet,and a new settee,so basically im starting from new,and i just have no idea what colour scheme to go with,does anyone know any good sites with any ideas,thanks

why not start with colours you like and try and co ordinate them or maybe go to some DIY stores such as homebase, B&Q, Wilkinson's etc etc and see what colours are available and the ones you think you may like get some tester pots go home and paint them on some paper and stick them to your walls.

i had a hard job deciding what colours to go with when we recently re did our living room i opted for one main black wall and three cream walls and then had red accessorises, rug and cushions etc etc to brighten it all up.

I to have a house with a bay window.I to did not know what colours ect to go for when i had my room re plastered. My friend sent me this link http://www.dulux.co.uk/index.jsp?ns_campaign=Brand+-+Phrase&ns_mchannel=ppc&ns_source=google&ns_linkname=dulux&ns_clid=google,79225540,2616323020,dulux.

Its the dulux mouse painter you need to use, You can find a room that is like yours to work on or upload your own room.Then play with the colours of the walls flooring even the furniture. Nice little site to use to give you an idea on what to have.This is the site that help me choose my colour scheme. Also BnQ and wilkinsons also have a site like this, but i found dulux one better.

ive just had my living room all plastered,i live in a terrace house with a bay window,and im having new carpet/wooden floor havnt decided yet,and a new settee,so basically im starting from new,and i just have no idea what colour scheme to go with,does anyone know any good sites with any ideas,thanks

I'd start by painting the ceiling matt white first (maybe five coats if it's bare plaster) ... Thin the first coat down 5:1 to seal the plaster (Very important!)

Then paint the walls with cheap and cheerful B&Q magnolia (or white) ... once again thinning down the first coat. Give it three of four coats of unthinned paint after.

This provides a cheap way to prepare the wall for a more expensive paint/paints after (You'll use less of it). Decide on your furnishings/flooring and choose a paint to match.

It'd be great to get all the skirtings and door frames painted before having the flooring fitted ... DON'T use any of that 'One Coat' rubbish! ... it's a waste of time and money as it doesn't work! Just use a good quality brand of oil based paint like Dulux or Johnson's ... use two coats of topcoat! Personally, I'd use a 'Satinwood' finish ... that's just my choice though. :)

why not start with colours you like and try and co ordinate them or maybe go to some DIY stores such as homebase, B&Q, Wilkinson's etc etc and see what colours are available and the ones you think you may like get some tester pots go home and paint them on some paper and stick them to your walls.

i had a hard job deciding what colours to go with when we recently re did our living room i opted for one main black wall and three cream walls and then had red accessorises, rug and cushions etc etc to brighten it all up.

hi,just took a peek at your f/b and saw your name,your dad wasnt called danny was he ?

There are a few sings that can effect a room.

The size and shape of the room.

The normal daylight of a room.

The style of your funrishings.

The colour of your furnishings.

There are thousands of pictures of interiors of houses on the Internet. One of them is bound to be similar to yours, why not have a look to get some ideas?

Archived