Islamophobia, how ridiculous!

Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised?

• Yes, it's irrational
    • No, it's a fact and makes sense

The majority of people in those countries are indeed muslims. But again, arab =/= muslim, and vice versa. (In case you didn't notice, the thread is about islamophobia)
Don't think so, the way I read the thread title is that the term Islamaphobia is ridiculous which is born out by the majority of voters!

You contradict yourself, if your analysis is correct (it's almost certainly incorrect) their belief in heaven makes all the plus points about our way of life pale into insignificance therefore comfort and profit are merely temporal distractions and they have no need to fear the 'seduction of the West'.

Many of those that have engaged in terrorism against the west have been exposed to education and the 'good life' in Europe/UK/US and Canada free from the shackles of primitive mullahs.

Your analysis is found to be wanting in the extreme.

Perhaps it is fortunate that your arguments for Islam generally are better than your arguments against Islamic militancy.

Ok, maybe I didn't explain it well enough for you.

The Muslim extremists hate our way of life, the moderate Muslims are attracted to it, which is what threatens the extremists so much.

The majority of people in those countries are indeed muslims. But again, arab =/= muslim, and vice versa. (In case you didn't notice, the thread is about islamophobia)

Hey, but none of the countries involved in the Arab spring are Saudi Arabia... (Oops, other than a small protest!)

You play of semantics is ridiculous! Grow up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Spring#Impact_of_the_Arab_Spring

See last sentence in second paragraph...

So are you saying that if I convert to islam and become a suicide bomber I won't get forty virgins when I get to heaven?:sad:

Unfortunately I am unable to help with your quest, I am not a Muslim I am agnostic I have never blown myself up and I have never as far as I am aware been to heaven.

Should you convert to Islam you will probably push your little button and get no nearer heaven than temporary deafness and a headache.

Should you actually convert and successfully blow yourself up I hope that you manage to mitigate your crime by forgetting to leave your bathroom pre-detonation.

Should you be lucky enough to eventually encounter 2 score of celestial virgins

I suspect that they will remain virgo intacta indefinitely.

Even celestial virgins have standards and they will almost certainly preclude red nosed unicycle riders.

Would somebody care to explain what Islamophobia is? What defines somebody as Islamophobic? How is it diagnosed, and who decides if they have it or not?

The two Muslim politician speakers on the program accused the whole country of Islamophobia on Sunday Morning Live this morning.

Where is it in east Africa where the muslim leaders are denying aid to their starving millions? Some huge miltary power.:rolleyes:

Oh dear. Here we go for the hard of thinking.

Civilian with a stick vs Regime with tanks and rifles.

Guess who the oppressed one is. :rolleyes:

Archived