Islamophobia, how ridiculous!

Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised?

• Yes, it's irrational
    • No, it's a fact and makes sense

I understand this thread better than you think and probably better than you as I have studied Islam.

I also understand that I am phobic, of people like you, goodbye.

Read the dictionary quote concerning the meaning of phobia, then you will realise how funny your statement is!

How is that relevant to this thread?

I think it's extremely relevant in the context of this post.

http://phobias.about.com/od/introductiontophobias/a/whatisphobia.htm

This morning on the BBC's Sunday Morning Live, the topic was about Islamophobia. The point they all seemed to miss is that all these terrorists over the last ten years have been Muslims.

Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised? These terrorists are motivated by religion and in many cases by preachers themselves!

We have to look at the thread title.

Islamophobia, how ridiculous!

Then the poll question.

Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised?

The two contradict each other.

Is Islamophobia daft - yes

Is it irrational to have a fear of Muslims who have been radicalised? - Not at all because that minority have been radicalised and pose a danger.

I suspect the question and thread title were deliberately set in that way so it looks like voters are against Islam rather than the tiny minority of extremists.

I suspect the question and thread title were deliberately set in that way so it looks like voters are against Islam rather than the tiny minority of extremists.

No... the word Islamiphobia is unjustified, because, even as you say, it is not irrational!

Watch the programme (it wasn't available earlier!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014jbq8

"These terrorists" as in the ones relevant to to the thread title!

I'm obviously not going to call the IRA Muslim terrorists am I! grow up!

So are you trying claim that it's natural to have a fear of Muslims because all the Muslim terrorists have been Muslim. Have you thought this through? :huh:

Archived