9/11 lest we forget

Am I being rude that I don't believe in automatic compassion?

I don't believe I should feel sad because the earth has gone around the sun 10 times since a terrible thing happened. I feel compassion when it takes me, I'm not heartless, but I don't feel sad just because it is the anniversary.

it has something to do with everyone with a moddicum of compassion.

I do feel compassion for those people that died that day, especially the brave firefighters .

I just wonder if americans feel the same compassion for victims of the IRA in england and Ireland ...financed by compassionate americans and NORAID:)

A good mate died last Wednesday, I can feel that, I spoke to him two weeks ago, we both knew that he was terminally ill, it's not fair is it?

As for 9/11, I can't get my head around the enormity of it, my old science teacher experienced German concentration camps, as one of the victorious allies, I wouldn't mind discussing 9/11 with him if it were possible.

British troops beat an Iraqi guy to death (proven fact) seemingly for fun, is that better or worse than 9/11? One man beaten to death for the amusement of his killers, circa 3000 people murdered for idiotic ideals, the maths will no doubt have it.

I will think about it during my morning dog walk tomorrow morning.

Watched the memorial ceremony this morning from New York. Paul Simon sang "The Sound of Silence" and families of the victims read out the names of their loved ones

In a way 9/11 wasn't only a crime against America but the rest of the world. Listening to the names made me realize that the victims bore names that either their forefathers had brought to America from all over the world or that many of the victims came from so many other countries and cultures and fate and circumstances had brought them to New York that day.

A good mate died last Wednesday, I can feel that, I spoke to him two weeks ago, we both knew that he was terminally ill, it's not fair is it?

As for 9/11, I can't get my head around the enormity of it, my old science teacher experienced German concentration camps, as one of the victorious allies, I wouldn't mind discussing 9/11 with him if it were possible.

British troops beat an Iraqi guy to death (proven fact) seemingly for fun, is that better or worse than 9/11? One man beaten to death for the amusement of his killers, circa 3000 people murdered for idiotic ideals, the maths will no doubt have it.

I will think about it during my morning dog walk tomorrow morning.

About 303 times as many people have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq than in the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Archived