Pretentious continental kiss greeting in society?

It seems that somewhere during the last two decades, more and more of us Brits (well, not I) are seen in reality, on TV shows and films, to greet everyone with the Continental-style peck of both cheeks (facially I add)?

Have we all holidayed in Europe more, or are we pretenciously copying everything we see from TV shows?

Does anyone just hug or shake hands, and refuse to perform this false and sycophantic act?

It seems that somewhere during the last two decades, more and more of us Brits (well, not I) are seen in reality, on TV shows and films, to greet everyone with the Continental-style peck of both cheeks (facially I add)?

Have we all holidayed in Europe more, or are we pretenciously copying everything we see from TV shows?

Does anyone just hug or shake hands, and refuse to perform this false and sycophantic act?

Best stay with "Eee-up duck" then hold her head under the sheets while you fart.

As opposed to 'faecially' I suppose! :)

Archived