Working 12 hours a day every day of the week, worth less than a London cube

Consider a man working 12 hours a day, everyday of the week.

What does he earn?

Supposing he is an adult and gets the minimum wage of £5.93.

He earns just under £500 before tax. After tax and NI (tax) he earns £384.14.

Consider a cube in London. Housing benefit will pay up to £400 per week.

The man is worthless in comparison, he can yield more money to a landlord when he is on the dole, than he can when he works 12 hours a day, everyday.

Consider a man working 12 hours a day, everyday of the week.

What does he earn?

Supposing he is an adult and gets the minimum wage of £5.93.

He earns just under £500 before tax. After tax and NI (tax) he earns £384.14.

Consider a cube in London. Housing benefit will pay up to £400 per week.

The man is worthless in comparison, he can yield more money to a landlord when he is on the dole, than he can when he works 12 hours a day, everyday.

Your post is by far accurate, It seems you have not been in employment for for at least a decade now. I suggest you take a look at the working time regulations from 1998, before making anymore random spoutings.

Your post is by far accurate, It seems you have not been in employment for for at least a decade now. I suggest you take a look at the working time regulations from 1998, before making anymore random spoutings.

People can opt out of the WTR. I have always opted out of the WTR, except for one job I had at the council, where you weren't allowed to opt out.

And with working hours limited in some cases and rents so goddamn high, the problem is even worse than I suggested in the OP!

People can opt out of the WTR. I have always opted out of the WTR, except for one job I had at the council, where you weren't allowed to opt out.

And with working hours limited in some cases and rents so goddamn high, the problem is even worse than I suggested in the OP!

Here is a link to help you understand,Working time limits (the 48-hour week)

Here is a link to help you understand,Working time limits (the 48-hour week)

If you are 18 or over and wish to work more than 48 hours a week, you can choose to opt out of the 48 hour limit. This must be voluntary and in writing

For some people the 48 rule doesn't apply.

Your working week is not covered by the working time limits if you have a job:

-where you can choose freely how long you will work (eg a managing executive)

-in the armed forces, emergency services and police - in some circumstances

-as a domestic servant in private houses

-as a sea transport worker, a mobile worker in inland waterways or a lake transport worker on board sea going fishing vessels

Rents are too high and they are having a negative effect upon the economy.

This land of rentiers is well and truly *insert expletive*. Rentier greed is killing the UK.

Renting is not too high - just look at council rents, next to nothing but most still do not pay as they are workshy. The labout gov is guilty of forcing people to go on the dole, especially in london where housing assopciation renet avg 1200 quid, then if no work, straight away they are 300 quind in, 250 a month council tax rebate, and dole for a couple with kids equates to 550 net, fact

Renting is not too high - just look at council rents, next to nothing but most still do not pay as they are workshy. The labout gov is guilty of forcing people to go on the dole, especially in london where housing assopciation renet avg 1200 quid, then if no work, straight away they are 300 quind in, 250 a month council tax rebate, and dole for a couple with kids equates to 550 net, fact

If it wasn't for the sneaky RSL opt out, many people's rents would be limited to £32.27 per week! FACT

£1200!

People on minimum wage working 48 hours could not afford to pay that even if they devoted 100% of take home pay to rent!

The RENT is way too high!

Archived