Unfair,Unrealistic Insurance prices!!

vize

We live in a free market economy. Just because we all need car insurance to be legal motorists wouldn't be a reason why companies would try and exploit us now would it? That would just be profit over social need. Hang on, isn't there going to be some investigstion into the car insurance price hikes of last year?

I haven't had an accident in 30 years and it costs me £600 to insure a slug of a car. Something is corrupt.

If you are a trades person, the solution is simple.

Get on the dole, then do work for cash in hand.

Get your housing paid for and everything else and stick your money under the matress.

An honest days pay for an honest days work, you will need to earn a hell of a lot of money these days just to pay for the insurances. I do accept that what I suggest is illegal, however 50% increase this year, 50% increase in 2012, 50% increase in 2013, 50% increase in 2014.

You could always increase the charges for your work by 50% each year, but because your potential customers are paying and extra 50% every year on every day bills, they have less money to spend on things that would keep your trades person in a job.

Give it 5 years, most people will have to sign on because people won't be able to afford to go to work

Get your housing paid for and everything else and stick your money under the matress.

An honest days pay for an honest days work, you will need to earn a hell of a lot of money these days just to pay for the insurances. I do accept that what I suggest is illegal, however 50% increase this year, 50% increase in 2012, 50% increase in 2013, 50% increase in 2014.

You could always increase the charges for your work by 50% each year, but because your potential customers are paying and extra 50% every year on every day bills, they have less money to spend on things that would keep your trades person in a job.

Give it 5 years, most people will have to sign on because people won't be able to afford to go to work

When the law is unjust there is a moral obligation to break it.

Should a working man be priced out of work, or work for his community in the black market?

Black market everytime.

People are being forced to work cash in hand.

Meanwhile the government proposes to cut the 50% tax rate.

Note, £s upon which the 50% tax rate is paid, only 2% NI is paid. (EMTR of 62%)

Whilst £s upon which the 40% tax rate is paid, 12% NI is paid. (EMTR of 62%)

In both cases the EMTR is 62%. Whilst people on the dole face EMTR's of up to 117% when they work, i.e. £1.17 lost per £1.00 earned (they pay to work!, and that is before transport and work clothing/sustenance costs!)

Dont tell everyone to do that, we have no one paying into the system, also if everyone is doing cash in hand my income will be greatly reduce as i will have a lot more competition

was earlier told of a insurance spokesman s5 area is getting 50% on all premiums due to high car crime and vandalsim rates omg im knackered im never gonna get a cheap quote...

If car insurance prices you out of work, you will have to stop working. Your work is no longer financially viable and you must find an alternative source of work (if possible), you have been made redundant financially.

0800 0556688 is the number you need to ring to claim your unemployment benefit, whilst you find alternative work.

Don't delay your claim!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/index.htm

Check this out. My grandson qualifies as a gas engineer in March and has to go self employed to stay with his current sponsor so he's going to need a van. The quotes he's had so far are between £8000 and £11000 pa. YES THAT'S RIGHT - THOUSANDS. Is he supposed to just sit on his backside and not work because he can't afford the insurance for a van so he can carry on with his trade.

I suggest we all write to our MPs in protest of such high premiums.

Is that because its business insurance ……….. you need a accountant to claim it back or one of these to reduce your premiums.

There is one reason and one reason only for expensive car insurance (and its got nothing to do with fake whiplash), its the cancer that is sweeping and ruining this once great country.........GREED.

There are certain things that the law and necessity force you to have, ie:certain insurances, gas, electricity etc. The companies that supply these commodities have jumped on the bandwagon of "charge what we like, no one will complain and the government will do nothing" rather than re-invest the massive amounts of money that pour into these companies the product and service gets much much worse, when this come to light they ask for MORE of our money to correct/repair things....ludicrous.

The first time I really noticed this was in the cost of train tickets (scandalous) the policy seemed to be "raise the costs by as much as we can keep getting away with" every one else has then followed suit, one of the last to take part in this scam were the major supermarkets but boy have they caught up.

All this is backed by our sleazy expenses fiddling MP's (of any party) who rake off their portion in VAT, happy days for all (millionaires).

Archived