Unfair,Unrealistic Insurance prices!!

vize

I was paying £450 with 6 years no claims, then it went up to £650 with 7 years no claims, now its £950 with 8 years no claims.

Same car, Same insurer.

The only thing I can get out of them is Asian gangs have been making false claims in a big way and they have to get the money back, told me to watch a program on TV about it.

I think its more than this, I think its to pay for 911, the wars and the Banking **** up.

It's also to pay for the 'no win no fee' compensation culture that we're now mired in and the resulting increase in the number of payouts insurance companies are making. :roll:

Do you mean 9/11 rather than 011?:confused:

If you think insurance is god damn important than maybe you would have insured yourself against loss of income.

Why should I pay for something that someone else does...?I pay for motor insurance and expect everyone else on the road to do the same...you always have the option of not driving.. But at least now you're recognising the need for insurance... :)

Why should I pay for something that someone else does via insurance, punish people once they crash.

:

OK for an example..remember the guy who was towing a car and came off the M62 and landed on the train line causing 10? deaths and loads of damage..how would that have been paid for without insurance...? If that had been you driving what would you have done without any insurance?

What if you'd caused this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bike-crash-victim-awarded-pound3m-damages-790743.html

or this:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/37374-1-1m-damages-for-road-crash-victim

OK for an example..remember the guy who was towing a car and came off the M62 and landed on the train line causing 10? deaths and loads of damage..how would that have been paid for without insurance...? If that had been you driving what would you have done without any insurance?

What if you'd caused this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bike-crash-victim-awarded-pound3m-damages-790743.html

or this:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/37374-1-1m-damages-for-road-crash-victim

The payouts are ridiculous. Let these people be cared for by the welfare state and NHS. Why should a high earner's life be worth more than that of a poorer person with children. It's a scam.

The payouts are ridiculous. Let these people be cared for by the welfare state and NHS. Why should a high earner's life be worth more than that of a poorer person with children. It's a scam.

You may think that but it wouldn't help your case if the decision was against you..how would you pay? You reckon it's right that someone should lose their livelihood because of an accident caused by someone else?What about the example of Great Heck which I mentioned earlier...10 people killed..if they all got only 20k that's 200k plus the collateral damage to the track and rolling stock...could you pay for that?

You may think that but it wouldn't help your case if the decision was against you..how would you pay? You reckon it's right that someone should lose their livelihood because of an accident caused by someone else?What about the example of Great Heck which I mentioned earlier...10 people killed..if they all got only 20k that's 200k plus the collateral damage to the track and rolling stock...could you pay for that?

People go bankrupt owing millions without paying a penny of what they owe.

It'd make more sense to pay out £0 and jail the person whom caused the 'accident', unless it was a genuinely unavoidable accident.

People go bankrupt owing millions without paying a penny of what they owe.

It'd make more sense to pay out £0 and jail the person whom caused the 'accident', unless it was a genuinely unavoidable accident.

How does that help the victim? Who pays for the care they need? Who pays for the repair/replacement of property?

How does that help the victim? Who pays for the care they need? Who pays for the repair/replacement of property?

I couldn't care about the property. The care will be provided by the NHS. How can some financial executive be awarded £1million + for loss of earnings (even though she was able to return to her job) and somebody whom get's killed, their life is valued at £20k.

I was paying £450 with 6 years no claims, then it went up to £650 with 7 years no claims, now its £950 with 8 years no claims.

Same car, Same insurer.

There's your problem. In one.

H2M, why haven't you tried to switch? £10 to £0.01 you'd get your premium back down to £550-ish levels with a different insurer.

There is no loyalty incentive to be had from insurers. Hasn't been for a looong time (and that's what I'd like the OFT to look into in some depth, as that doesn't make any logical sense to me: whilever I was living, driving and insured in France, Belgium and Luxembourg, my premiums kept going down and down every additional year without a claim. Made perfect sense, I was becoming a lesser risk and the car value depreciated every passing year).

I couldn't care about the property. The care will be provided by the NHS. How can some financial executive be awarded £1million + for loss of earnings (even though she was able to return to her job) and somebody whom get's killed, their life is valued at £20k.

Someone has to pay for the property.Or would you just shake your head and say "nevermind" if/when it happens to you..as for payouts that's decided by a court..without knowing all the details can't say whether a decision is right or wrong..with all the details I couldn't either..each one taken on it's own merits I suppose...that's nothing to with having to have insurance to drive..back to the Great Heck crash..could you have paid even 20k per life if you had caused that?

Archived