Highest quote's for car insurance in the U.k. are in Bradford and Halifax.

I briefly caught an item on BBC Breakfast news about how Bradford has the highest number of uninsured drivers, covering the costs of which drives up the insurance premiums for us law adiding citizens. I didn't get to see the full feature which presumably explored this in depth and perhaps proffer a reason as to why this is? Halifax wasn't mentioned.

Ì caught the story as the police were loading up a ruddy large mercedes that had been impounded for NO insurance ! How can someone afford such an expensive car and not insure it ?

Maybe down to the fact that the fine is less than the insurance premium ..

Madness ...

Co-incidence that these areas with the highest number of uninsured drivers are not white?

I'm sorry to say it but is there a link? Were the BBC afraid to mention this or am I completely wrong?

From my limited vantage point watching Police Interceptors the ones which got stopped for no insurance or claiming to be someone else were also non-whites.

Ì caught the story as the police were loading up a ruddy large mercedes that had been impounded for NO insurance ! How can someone afford such an expensive car and not insure it ?

Maybe down to the fact that the fine is less than the insurance premium ..

Madness ...

They can afford such a car precisely because they don't insure it...with the insurance premiums I've paid over the past 35 years I reckon I could buy a very nice car..

Apparently in some countries, a car has to display its tax disc as well as evidence of valid and current MOT and insurance. I don't know why we don't move to a similar system.

I hope that these uninsured drivers have their licences taken away and are heavily fined when caught, that is if they have a licence in the first place which I suspect many don't, hence their lack of car insurance.

Apparently in some countries, a car has to display its tax disc as well as evidence of valid and current MOT and insurance. I don't know why we don't move to a similar system.

I hope that these uninsured drivers have their licences taken away and are heavily fined when caught, that is if they have a licence in the first place which I suspect many don't, hence their lack of car insurance.

To get a tax disc you have to have insurance and MOT...at least when you buy it..

Archived