Hospital or Doctors for damaged knee?

Need advice please. I damaged my knee a few weeks ago playing basketball. Was clicking for a month prior to my knee giving way. I usually can shrugg injuruies off. but not this time. It really is painful. I play thropugh the pain sometimes but have the new season starting soon. I heard if i go to the doctors they will refer me to A&E( means sitting for hours ). Anyone know if i can make an appointment with the hospital to look at me knee? as i cannot afford private care.

Thanks

Need advice please. I damaged my knee a few weeks ago playing basketball. Was clicking for a month prior to my knee giving way. I usually can shrugg injuruies off. but not this time. It really is painful. I play thropugh the pain sometimes but have the new season starting soon. I heard if i go to the doctors they will refer me to A&E( means sitting for hours ). Anyone know if i can make an appointment with the hospital to look at me knee? as i cannot afford private care.

Thanks

Go to your docs, he/she will refer you for the usual tests inc. x-ray etc, if necessary.

Archived