What is a moderate muslim?

Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?

3 questions no answers..... why is that?

Ill answer them.

yes

yes

yes

So how can you be a moderate Muslim and answer yes to my 3 questions?

Simple you cannot. So what you do is Redefine or create your own Islamic contex when applying moderate to muslim.

RIGHT OR WRONG?

If you already know the answers then the fact that you're asking the question suggests you have an agenda - it doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Been here before haven't you?

I'm confused as to what a moderate Mulsim is. Supposedly moderate Muslims went to great lengths to tell us that Al-Quaida and their ilk are not real Muslims, have perverted the faith of Islam and done it no favours.

But then the killing and dumping of Osama Bin Laden in the sea was almost universally condemned by so called moderates as an insult and un-Islamic.

I could very well believe there is such a thing as a 'moderate Muslim', if they didn't speak in forked tongue so much.

I'm confused as to what a moderate Mulsim is. Supposedly moderate Muslims went to great lengths to tell us that Al-Quaida and their ilk are not real Muslims, have perverted the faith of Islam and done it no favours.

But then the killing and dumping of Osama Bin Laden in the sea was almost universally condemned by so called moderates as an insult and un-Islamic.

I could very well believe there is such a thing as a 'moderate Muslim', if they didn't speak in forked tongue so much.

Classical denial syndrome they have isn't it!

3 questions no answers..... why is that?

Ill answer them.

yes

yes

yes

So how can you be a moderate Muslim and answer yes to my 3 questions?

Simple you cannot. So what you do is Redefine or create your own Islamic contex when applying moderate to muslim.

RIGHT OR WRONG?

If the answer is yes to the OP questions, then the op is right. I would be interested in a Muslims view. why no response?

Moderate Muslims?

That would be about 99% of them then.

Maybe but IMHO a bit smaller, they call it the silent majority, but a few can make one hell of a difference, as has been proved historically. I have a dislike of holy book bashers, when did god give a handful of fanatics the nod to lecture the rest of us?

Remember 'All that is required for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing' (Edmund Burke).

Archived