What is a moderate muslim?

Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?

Plop your confusing the word Muslim with the word Nutter.

its perfectly easy to be a muslim and moderate, in the same way tis easy to be christian and moderate, jewish and moderate,

Moderate is what the majority of people are.

your seeing the actions of a few exteme nutters and painting every muslim with the same brush.

Hitler has a catholic father and in speaches promoted "positive Christianity" would your question have been, is it possible to be a christian and moderate after his actions.

its very easy for nutters to twist words in any historical piece of fiction (the bible, the koran etc) to their own ends but that should never condem the rest of the people who read those books.

What a brilliantly correct post (though it does seem to be missing a few capital letters - yeah, I know, but this is SF and a thread would be incomplete without the obligatory grammar/spelling moan:D).:clap:

LOL, where have I said the world, or made claims like your exaggerating to...

Have I claimed 1.5 billion Muslims are all violent or aggressive, NO!

EDIT:

You know how to take a quote out of context to fit your agenda!

My quote is a specific question to another persons comment, which was nothing to do with your leading drivel!

I don't have an agenda. I'm sorry, I thought you were saying that you thought Muslims couldn't be moderate, obviously you aren't saying that then if you think I took your quotes out of context.

I'm confused as to what a moderate Mulsim is. Supposedly moderate Muslims went to great lengths to tell us that Al-Quaida and their ilk are not real Muslims, have perverted the faith of Islam and done it no favours.

But then the killing and dumping of Osama Bin Laden in the sea was almost universally condemned by so called moderates as an insult and un-Islamic.

I could very well believe there is such a thing as a 'moderate Muslim', if they didn't speak in forked tongue so much.

I don't like Nick Griffin but I wouldn't prescribe dumping him in the sea as an appropriate funeral, unless he'd specifically requested it.

I'm confused as to what a moderate Mulsim is.

It's a muslim that says one thing and means another. Their purpose is to try and confuse the public about their beliefs and to try and reduce scepticism about islam to absurdity in an attempt to sway public opinion in their favour, which would then make their common objectives much easier.

Some of the common objectives were linked to in the other thread, but the answers are very conservative, probably because they didn't want to answer truthfully. See above paragraph.

It's a muslim that says one thing and means another. Their purpose is to try and confuse the public about their beliefs and to try and reduce scepticism about islam to absurdity in an attempt to sway public opinion in their favour, which would then make their common objectives much easier.

Some of the common objectives were linked to in the other thread, but the answers are very conservative, probably because they didn't want to answer truthfully. See above paragraph.

Mecky, who was it that told you this?

How did you arrive at that point of view?

Dis someone on Stormfront tell you?

Plop your confusing the word Muslim with the word Nutter.

its perfectly easy to be a muslim and moderate, in the same way tis easy to be christian and moderate, jewish and moderate,

Moderate is what the majority of people are.

your seeing the actions of a few exteme nutters and painting every muslim with the same brush.

Hitler has a catholic father and in speaches promoted "positive Christianity" would your question have been, is it possible to be a christian and moderate after his actions.

its very easy for nutters to twist words in any historical piece of fiction (the bible, the koran etc) to their own ends but that should never condem the rest of the people who read those books.

Again, is the korans words to be taken literally? is whats written in the koran last more relevent/important/correct than first? Do you have to follow just some or all the sharia law as a MUSLIM?

3 simple questions, im saying to be a Muslim the answer is yes. As that is the case you cannot be moderate and a Muslim. Or am I wrong? Why no answer?

Archived