What is a moderate muslim?

Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?

When did you stop beating your wife?

do you notice how there's non way to answer than simple question that says you didnt beat her. its a leading and badly written question designed to provoke a desired response

your questions are as bad.. no one is answering them because they are inane questions written to solicit the answers you want.

your failing here Plop. as clint eastwood said in magnum force. Mans got to know his limitations. yours are on show.

ha ha ha. epic fail.

3 very simple questions.

I know the answer is yes to them all, so do you.

as the answer is yes its imposible to be moderate and a muslim.

unless you redefine 'modarate'

why not just answer my 3 questions?:huh:

I really do not see how you can be a Muslim and moderate. The religion is so extreme in its attitude to human rights.

Do moderate muslims not follow the Koran in the same way?

In the same way as extremists. No, they don't.

Do moderate muslims not follow every aspect of sharia?

No, they don't

Or are moderate muslims 'defined' as muslims who do not commit acts of terror or support acts of terror?

That would be one definition.

Im open to correction on this.

I doubt it; you clearly have a set of preconceived notions that allow you to hold your hatred of Muslims and give it a rationale.

You have no vested interest in hearing views which challenge your notions.

In the same way as extremists. No, they don't.

No, they don't

That would be one definition.

I doubt it; you clearly have a set of preconceived notions that allow you to hold your hatred of Muslims and give it a rationale.

You have no vested interest in hearing views which challenge your notions.

Thanks Halibut, can you tell me which parts of the islamic gods law moderate muslims do not follow?

Thanks Halibut, can you tell me which parts of the islamic gods law moderate muslims do not follow?

No, you would need to speak to Muslims in order to find out more about that.

Why don't you visit your local mosque or talk to one of your local Muslim businessmen.

I know Muslims who you would probably regard as not following the law to the letter - they drink alcohol.

Fine people.

No, you would need to speak to Muslims in order to find out more about that.

Why don't you visit your local mosque or talk to one of your local Muslim businessmen.

I know Muslims who you would probably regard as not following the law to the letter - they drink alcohol.

Fine people.

OK, so i guess your saying moderate muslims are lapsed muslims?

back later.

running late must go.

So the moderate muslims do not take the Koran literally?

Do you have to get home before your curfew begins?

How does a Muslim not taking the Koran literally mean they're not Muslim? I'm sure not all Christians take the Bible literally. Or are you arguing that if a Christian doesn't take the bible literally they're not Christian. Do you take the Bible literally? Do you think God created the universe, Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead, Earth is only 6,000 years old, etc? If you do then admit it and give us a laugh? If not, does that make you an extremist Christian? And if not, why not?

Archived