What is a moderate muslim?

Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to be 'Moderate' and 'Muslim'?

Do you have to get home before your curfew begins?

How does a Muslim not taking the Koran literally mean they're not Muslim? I'm sure not all Christians take the Bible literally. Or are you arguing that if a Christian doesn't take the bible literally they're not Christian. Do you take the Bible literally? Do you think God created the universe, Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead, Earth is only 6,000 years old, etc? If you do then admit it and give us a laugh? If not, does that make you an extremist Christian? And if not, why not?

I await his attempt to answer this with interest. (But not much expectation.)

Do you have to get home before your curfew begins?

How does a Muslim not taking the Koran literally mean they're not Muslim? I'm sure not all Christians take the Bible literally. Or are you arguing that if a Christian doesn't take the bible literally they're not Christian. Do you take the Bible literally? Do you think God created the universe, Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead, Earth is only 6,000 years old, etc? If you do then admit it and give us a laugh? If not, does that make you an extremist Christian? And if not, why not?

the two religions do not compare at all. the koran is supposed to be the direct instructions/word of god and whats in it is not supposed to be open for interpritation or debate. (yes?) or (no?)

All muslims are taught to take the koran at its word, as it is written. Or am i wrong?

The same cannot be said for the way Christians are taught. Or am i wrong?

the two religions do not compare at all. the koran is supposed to be the direct instructions/word of god and whats in it is not supposed to be open for interpritation or debate. (yes?) or (no?)

All muslims are taught to take the koran at its word, as it is written. Or am i wrong?

The same cannot be said for the way Christians are taught. Or am i wrong?

You're wrong about everything.

You're wrong about everything.

And describing terrorists as having 'bottle' is so right....:rolleyes:

In fact, what you did is even worse than just that, you said they had more bottle than other idiots who just wrote on walls....great, maybe the other idiots will now try and impress the likes of you....

For those who are, like me, concerned about the threat posed by extremist islamists I really don't think that it's terribly helpfull to be constantly telling all muslims that the "real" islam is the hardcore salafist version and if they are not following that then they are not "real" muslims. Because thats what the salafists say. So, probably a bad idea to be saying to the average muslim exactly the same as our jihadi enemies are saying to the average muslim - ie mental "kill everyone including ourselves" islam is the real deal, anything less if kufr sellout nonesense.

M'kay?

For those who are, like me, concerned about the threat posed by extremist islamists I really don't think that it's terribly helpfull to be constantly telling all muslims that the "real" islam is the hardcore salafist version and if they are not following that then they are not "real" muslims. Because thats what the salafists say. So, probably a bad idea to be saying to the average muslim exactly the same as our jihadi enemies are saying to the average muslim - ie mental "kill everyone including ourselves" islam is the real deal, anything less if kufr sellout nonesense.

M'kay?

How is Islam taught? Am I wrong to say Islam is taught as it is written, with no room for interpretation? How is Sharia taught? is it put into modern contex? Does whats written later in the koran hold more sway than whats writen before? 3 simple questions.

I am saying that the koran and sharia are so extreme its impossible to be a muslim and moderate, in the sense of what this liberal society defines as moderate.

Ill ask you this can a member of the National Front be a moderate, or by being a member of such an extreme organisation is that impossible?

Archived