Ryanair flight with baby

Hi all

Just wondered (and I have read the Ryanair website BTW)... have any of you travelled recently with Ryanair with a child of 2?

Our DD is in a paid seat as she is no longer an infant and upon reading the website it goes on about Infants (ie under 2) having no baggage allowance but children get 1 piece of infant equipment free. Not sure what age this stops at though? Googled and some posts (mind you some are 2009) say they had to pay for a 2yr olds pram, other not... confusing so until I get to my home phone to call them, can anyone tell me if they were allowed a pram for a 2yr old F.O.C? And if so, did you check it in or take to the plane before having it stored... (differing posts suggest different things)... Thanks.

Also, while we are on topic, those of you who have travelled as a family of 4 (2 young kids)- what would you say is the minimum baggage allowance you need (inc hand luggage).

Hi there,

we flew with Ryanair in May with a 2 year old and pushchair - on the way out from Birmingham we took the pushchair right up to the aircraft doors where we handed it over to the ground crew to put in the hold - no charge. Returning we were advised at check in that as our child was 2 then if we took it up to the aircraft we would be charged (about 30 pounds I think) or if we checked it in with the suitcases it would be free of charge (so that was what we did there was no way I was paying for it). So I guess the answer to your question is that you could in theory be charged but it will depend on the airport and the staff on the day.

We were a party of 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids - I paid for 3 x 20kg suitcases and we had 5 pieces of handluggage. This was just enough for us with NO room to spare and we weighed our cases before we set off from home. You need to make sure that your hand luggage falls within the size restrictions and that your cases do not weigh over what you paid for, or you will be heavily penalised! if you stick to all their rules you will be fine, but break them at great cost to your wallet! hope you have a great trip

Liz

xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I need some info.

I fly with ryanair on the 20th but I've not been abroad for some Years now just wanted to know what I can take onboard especially for a 2 year old can o take his milk etc I'm really not sure please help x

we are flying fri not with ryan air tho and i can only take a drink for my 16 month old not my 2 and half year old and was told to put his milk in the checked in luggage.

i was told this by manchester airport and any creams you want to take on in your hand lugage have to be under 100ml

we are flying fri not with ryan air tho and i can only take a drink for my 16 month old not my 2 and half year old and was told to put his milk in the checked in luggage.

i was told this by manchester airport and any creams you want to take on in your hand lugage have to be under 100ml

"New European Union cabin baggage security restrictions were implemented on all flights to and from EU/EEA airports. Consequently, from this date, passenger cabin baggage containing any liquids, gels, pastes, lotions or liquid cosmetics MUST be presented at the airport passenger security point in a transparent re-sealable bag of no more than one litre capacity (e.g. 20cm x 20cm ziplock freezer bag). Only gels, pastes, lotions and liquid cosmetics in containers of 100mls or less will be permitted through the passenger security screening points at all EU/EEA Airports, please note there is a limit of one transparent resealable plastic bag per person."

I assume the 100ml rule stands for all air lines, not sure if they will make allowances for baby milk, although I'm pretty sure they will.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179 - This should be general rules on luggage that stand for all airlines following the guidelines :)

"New European Union cabin baggage security restrictions were implemented on all flights to and from EU/EEA airports. Consequently, from this date, passenger cabin baggage containing any liquids, gels, pastes, lotions or liquid cosmetics MUST be presented at the airport passenger security point in a transparent re-sealable bag of no more than one litre capacity (e.g. 20cm x 20cm ziplock freezer bag). Only gels, pastes, lotions and liquid cosmetics in containers of 100mls or less will be permitted through the passenger security screening points at all EU/EEA Airports, please note there is a limit of one transparent resealable plastic bag per person."

I assume the 100ml rule stands for all air lines, not sure if they will make allowances for baby milk, although I'm pretty sure they will.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179 - This should be general rules on luggage that stand for all airlines following the guidelines :)

my bold only for children under 2 my 16 month old can have a drink taken on in his juice cup my 2 n half year old is not allowed to take a drink through no matter what

Sorry ChezzFaye, I was misreading the post somehow (as I so often do), I was seeing that the OP was taking 2 children, one of infant age, and hadn't been abroad for 2 years :hihi:. So no, a 2 year old, over 'infant' age, won't be allowed a drink. You will be able to buy them one on the plane though.

Sorry ChezzFaye, I was misreading the post somehow (as I so often do), I was seeing that the OP was taking 2 children, one of infant age, and hadn't been abroad for 2 years :hihi:. So no, a 2 year old, over 'infant' age, won't be allowed a drink. You will be able to buy them one on the plane though.

i think you can buy it in the airport and take it on you are just now allowed through customs with it

Archived